Escalante Utah

Cool pic, Mac....Great article in the NWTF magazine this issue about the Escalante River and surrounding habitat.

Fun stuff! I love deer camp, it’s a shame more kids don’t get to experience it. More deer camps and dads with their kids would solve a vast majority of our problems.

Deer camp circa, 1960...My dad would take me out of school every year for a week in the Sierra's (D-12), or Nevada...I hated school, loved to hunt... :blush:

.scan016.jpg

camping was great, enjoy the outdoors, 18 years old camping out in the open with indian blankets and water proof tarps.
in old mexico high sierra madres, snowed on us that night, it didn't get cold because it was warm under those heavy duty tarps,
rode in on horse back and pack mules. hunting with ol 30-30 Winchester rifles. when my brother in law woke up his beard had ice on it.
start a fire and make coffee. :blush:
there was turkey, pig, bear, and deer. lots of wildlife in those days.

@ilovesprig nice willys MB!!!!! the original ATV. Still have our cj2a just amazing how good they built them

I wonder how a conversation with your grandfather would go discussing today’s world.

Id love it

I was talking to my dad (92) the other night about some of the places we hunted & fished in LA, Orange, Riverside, and San Berdo counties...Really never had to drive much further than 45 minutes (& no freeways).

The Sierra's were totally different too...I stayed in many a old miner's cabin...This is with my grandpa, and my 2 uncles in a cabin that still had a newspaper and stuff from the turn of the century.

.054.JPG

I was talking to my dad (92) the other night about some of the places we hunted & fished in LA, Orange, Riverside, and San Berdo counties...Really never had to drive much further than 45 minutes (& no freeways).

The Sierra's were totally different too...I stayed in many a old miner's cabin...This is with my grandpa, and my 2 uncles in a cabin that still had a newspaper and stuff from the turn of the century.

.View attachment 44419

So cool bud

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu