Exo Mtn Gear and Mystery Ranch

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
I’m looking at buying the Exo k2 2000 or the Mystery Ranch Sawtooth 45, does anyone have one of these or a different model from one of these brands?

I have the K2 3500 and I love it. Hauls meat great. I use it for anything from day hunts to backpacking trips. Also made in the USA which is important to me.

Love my MR with the nice frame......you choose the bag options. I have the crew cab

Very durable 15601230054238557667435030428179.jpg

Reactions: Zak
I have the K2 3500 and I love it. Hauls meat great. I use it for anything from day hunts to backpacking trips. Also made in the USA which is important to me.
Did you get the crib attachment for hauling meat or do the two straps on the bottom keep meat secured good?

A lot of guys on here like the Kuiu Icon pro 3200 they hold a lot for a mid size pack and haul meat great.

Or the old remington pack with the external aluminum frame and nylon bag from walmart...best 59.99 ive spent!!

Last edited:
Id actually have to kill something for that..but it does carry the empty water bottles amazingly well!!!! I,ll see what i can dig up from the poloroids and try and get something up here..

Got lucky!!:found one! Thank goodness my sherpa was packing that day...and i was running the poloroid..im good at that and carrying empty water bottles!! Lot of miles on that old remington pack...when folks show up with no pack..ive got um covered!!

.2017101495174750951508115381936.jpg

Exactly!!! They dont make um like they use to thats for sure!! I run a couple of badlands and an eberlestock with boys also...but man that old remington just gets er done..

Exactly!!! They dont make um like they use to thats for sure!! I run a couple of badlands and an eberlestock with boys also...but man that old remington just gets er done..

I want one, if use it for sure

heres another of the famous pack..once again had a fellow show up with no pack..after he shot his buck..i actually walked down to it {amazing I actually did that} cut and stuffed it into the remington and put it on "his back" for the uphill climb..i took pictures and carried empty water bottles in my fanny pack..im a giver!

.DSC02000.JPGDSC01999.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an exo 5500 and love that pack makes a 60lb load feel like 25. I also have a kuiu 3200 and a Gregory baltoro 85 that while good there is a noticeable improvement with the exo. But mystery ranch is also a great pack company and it would be a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

I ended up buying an exo and then sent it back and ordered a blacks creek. I’ve worn the blacks creek on a couple of scouting trips and so far it’s been working good, I like the layout of the pockets.

heres another of the famous pack..once again had a fellow show up with no pack..after he shot his buck..i actually walked down to it {amazing I actually did that} cut and stuffed it into the remington and put it on "his back" for the uphill climb..i took pictures and carried empty water bottles in my fanny pack..im a giver!

.View attachment 39690View attachment 39691
do they still sell this pack lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu