Family Tent Recommendation

nebucky1

Nov 24, 2019
Currently, we have a 17x10 Coleman tent that loves my family, It's very waterproof, but does not work very well in windy conditions. I'm looking for something of a similar size, but better to holds up the wind. Does anyone have specific tents that they like?

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
You could get a cabin tent that would be similar size. Would work in the wind and rain plus the ability to add a wood burning stove.
The only downside of a cabin tent is the weight.

Truduct

Dec 20, 2014
Davis tent company. I have a 16x12 canvas tent with a stove. I have been in 50+ mph winds, snow, rain you name it. They are expensive but my grandkids will use that tent with their children.

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Does war surplus stores still sell these tents?...They were bullet proof.

ps...Is there even war surplus stores?

.scan016.jpgscan031.jpg

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Does war surplus stores still sell these tents?...They were bullet proof.

ps...Is there even war surplus stores?

.View attachment 42069View attachment 42070
O the memories. One time the NCO’s and Officers had a tent like that with a heater going, I stood next to it with just the toes of my boots sticking under the bottom trying to get some heat. Worked for like 15 mins till I heard “is that a pair of boots?” And they started yelling at me and ran me off.

For the fam I got an Ozark Trails, walmart, 12 man three room tent that works great, sets up/down in minutes. Think I paid like $180 for it and came with like 6 folding chairs and two queen size coleman air mattresses and electric pumps. Far from rugged but good for glamping with the wife and kids.