Finally Finished...almost

Drewski2324

Sep 26, 2013
Ventura County by way of Idaho
Its been almost two years in the making but I finally was able to put this guy together as a finished rifle. The only thing I have left to do is Cerekote and bed the action. I really wanted to do a 28 Nosler but with the reports of really high throat erosion, I got a little nervous about replacing the $800 barrel every 4-5 years. After going back and forth about several high-velocity rounds I chose the tried and true 7mm Rem Mag. Not the fastest but it is reliable and every store that sells ammo has at least one box of it laying around just in case. Now I have to decide if I want to go shoot this weekend or try to stick a deer with my bow in the heat!

Gunwerks GRB Action
Proof .284 Sendero 26" (ugh I should have gone with 24" its so long!)
Iota Kremlin Stock
Jewell Trigger
Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44 Tremor 3
Leupold Mark 4 Rings
MK Machine throw lever
NWP Brake
Norma Brass
Factory bottom metal (soon to be swapped out. haven't chosen a replacement yet. Would really love a LH follower but I'm not even sure if they make such a thing)
Needs a fancy new Bi-pod, Hint, hint @Truduct

I have a .260 Rem that I consider my backcountry gun that comes in at just around 8lbs with scope. This gun is a bit heavier than I wanted but does come in right at 10lbs even with that chunk of a scope. I could lighten it up a bit with some lighter rings but I had the Mark 4 rings already.

7mm 2.jpg7mm 1.jpg7mm 3.jpg

Very cool @Drewski2324. It is a nice looking rig. Where you thinking you might go shooting? I was planning on going as well...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu