First blood.

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
Went out for a quick one. Just had the intention to shoot at some cotton tails. Looks like I found me a honey hole.

Located some sage bushes and right away started to push bunnies. So I slowed my approach and broke down every bush in my vicinity. Until I saw some movement. Got jumpy the first couple shots. Using a g5 smh my arrow made it but half way on hears dug deep in bush. I then changed the game plan and told myself to slow down and not to rush shots. After spotting this guys, I waited until I got a clear shot, drew back side stepped and let her rip. Id say it was around 20 yards or so but just right.

No guts punctured and just under the spine. Learned a few things about cleaning my quarry and will be better prepared next time.

Over all best day ever!
New bow drew it's first blood and performed excellent.

Got to eat an organic free range meal tonight.
Like I said I learned a lot but most of all I had a fun day walking threw the woods.

Thanks guys for all the inside and helping me get this rabbit from field and fed.

Hunt on!
Performance through persistence
#bowhuntordie IMG_20180727_201740_855.jpg20180727_193408.jpg

Great work man. I keep hoping the heat will break so I can take my boy out for the first time.

Great work man. I keep hoping the heat will break so I can take my boy out for the first time.

Doesnt look like it. Just bring water and im sure something will line up. You do have to look hard or bump the, hard for you to see life though.

Way to figure it out! I shot a bow once a few years ago. Still haven’t found the arrow. Lol

Reactions: Sdhunt17

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu