First bug!

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Went out twice yesterday for Lobster season opener..skunked in the am but went back out for a night sesh and caught my first spiny lobster! Had a guy teach me how to fly line for mackerel so I stayed busy in between checking my net with some bait fishing. Only 1 lobster but it was a legal so I'll take it..Had a great time..made some new friends and came home with more bait and dinner!

20201004_012722.jpg

20201004_012733.jpg
20201004_012403.jpg

Right on George. Was talking to a few guys that were trying to get me to go out but they had worse luck than you. May pick up a hoop here soon and try my hand. I have no idea what I'm doing but am willing to learn. Was thinking of paddling my SUP out at dark thirty and soaking some hoops.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Right on George. Was talking to a few guys that were trying to get me to go out but they had worse luck than you. May pick up a hoop here soon and try my hand. I have no idea what I'm doing but am willing to learn. Was thinking of paddling my SUP out at dark thirty and soaking some hoops.

Yesterday was my first time trying to catch lobster. Anytime you wanna give it a go hit me up Jason. I was a complete newb out there last night but there were definitely lobster where I was. Saw a few coolers with a handful each. One guy just 20 feet away pulled up a net with 7 lobsters in it but only 2 legals. The guy who gave me tips on catching the mackerel left with 6 legals for the night.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Noted! My buddy gave me a heads up on how to do it..sounds gnarly but it worked. Antenna up the arse to help dislodge it. Comes right out.

That’s the best way to do it.

You’re cooking method looks good, but no joke, try grilling them. Das güd chit!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu