First Coues deer hunt

Oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. Bars/nuts/jerky for mid-day. Freeze dried meal of your choice for dinner. Maybe some chocolate or something depending on temperatures.

I’m heading out there Friday for my hunt. Temperatures are looking great for my area, 55-60 daytime highs. Hope you guys kill a couple of nice bucks! It’s a fun hunt, I love Coues country.

Good luck! My food changes depending on how long and how much I want to carry. No point of re saying what others have said but in addition I usually bring a peanut butter & jelly sandwich or two (they seem to last for a couple of days if you don’t mind the texture) and the tuna packets.

Shorter trips I’ll bring real fruit, longer trips bring dried fruit.

Lastly I bring a ton of Starbucks via instant coffee (3 packs per day).

Lots of deer here beautiful country still itching to pull the trigger. I can see why guys are so hooked on Coues hunting insane country, tons of glassing, and a major workout. A buck bumped 200yds from me this morning I think that thing is still running lol. But we have been seeing deer all day just need to get close enough to one with antlers.

14631FE5-DB68-4892-99DB-4E29241702F7.jpeg

Seriously incredible! Definitely one of my bucket list hunts.

Lots of deer here beautiful country still itching to pull the trigger. I can see why guys are so hooked on Coues hunting insane country, tons of glassing, and a major workout. A buck bumped 200yds from me this morning I think that thing is still running lol. But we have been seeing deer all day just need to get close enough to one with antlers.

View attachment 36829
Up on a high Mesa.
Awesome view.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu