First Dove Hunting class

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
MAG1 took me dove hunting this past Saturday.
It was my first time shooting at a live flying bird. It is nothing compared to shooting clays, I know that now.
Mark taught me how to differentiate the mourning from the euros and out of my comfort zone I went. I am used to shoot standing still targets or clays at the range but this was a completely different experience.
We had a slow start early in the morning, then Mark drove around until we found them. There they were, all resting on the power lines, we got closer and a lot of birds started flying out of the trees. Man they fly fast, and in all directions, I didn't know were they were coming from so I miss to shoot ( literally... I didn't shot once!!!) Mark then said... "if you want to kill them YOU HAVE TO SHOOT!!!" LOL
So I did.
At the beginning I thought that I had bought a case of blank shells!!! I couldn't hit the side of a barn. Then I shot one, then another one and found out that I was pointing too high. Those that gave me time flying from the side got hit, harder to hit were those coming from out of nowhere or the ones living on a semi straight direction.
Overall, I had a great time, I hope that Mark did too. (otherwise it was the last time he invites me dove hunting LOL)
I received a letter today on the mail from National Aeronautics & Space Administration. They say that they caught me on video punching holes into the International Space Station and they want me to pay for the repairs.
Another one from the United States Environmental Protection Agency, they say that they also have me on video making the a hole in the ozone layer bigger so the temperatures in our region will be higher this year....
I don't know...
I will be always thankful to Mark for teaching me the ropes of Dove Hunting.

.2EB1D2ED-D882-4AF2-AC24-B4A8483D9599.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
MAG1 took me dove hunting this past Saturday.
It was my first time shooting at a live flying bird. It is nothing compared to shooting clays, I know that now.
Mark taught me how to differentiate the mourning from the euros and out of my comfort zone I went. I am used to shoot standing still targets or clays at the range but this was a completely different experience.
We had a slow start early in the morning, then Mark drove around until we found them. There they were, all resting on the power lines, we got closer and a lot of birds started flying out of the trees. Man they fly fast, and in all directions, I didn't know were they were coming from so I miss to shoot ( literally... I didn't shot once!!!) Mark then said... "if you want to kill them YOU HAVE TO SHOOT!!!" LOL
So I did.
At the beginning I thought that I had bought a case of blank shells!!! I couldn't hit the side of a barn. Then I shot one, then another one and found out that I was pointing too high. Those that gave me time flying from the side got hit, harder to hit were those coming from out of nowhere or the ones living on a semi straight direction.
Overall, I had a great time, I hope that Mark did too. (otherwise it was the last time he invites me dove hunting LOL)
I received a letter today on the mail from National Aeronautics & Space Administration. They say that they caught me on video punching holes into the International Space Station and they want me to pay for the repairs.
Another one from the United States Environmental Protection Agency, they say that they also have me on video making the a hole in the ozone layer bigger so the temperatures in our region will be higher this year....
I don't know...
I will be always thankful to Mark for teaching me the ropes of Dove Hunting.

.View attachment 39588
Fabian had a great time with you, wish the birds would have cooperated with us but that's hunting. P.S. great sandwiches for us thanks

Awesome. Reminds me of my first time dove hunting. “When do I shoot???!!!??” Haha. Glad you got to experience it.
It was just like that.
LOL
Once Mark shouts... " shoot the one on the left!!!" before I can pull the trigger they are both on top of eachother!!! LOL ... I hanged my shot. LOL

Awesome! Sounds like a great first experience. I am sure it will prove to be the first of many!

Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu