Nicksurfs96

Nov 24, 2018
I just got my very first hunting license a month ago and have since been coyote hunting as much as I can. So far I am 3 shots for 3 coyotes. The first one I was coming over a hill and saw him walking down in the valley and I dropped him from .21 miles. The second I was down in a river bed and called her in from the brush and shot her at about 50 yards but I then had to track her through the game tunnels for a few hundred yards. The last one I got this morning from up on a hill calling below. He came in from about a half mile and stopped short at a little less than a quarter mile where I took the shot. I didn't know if I hit him because he ran off but when I started following where he went. I saw a blood trail and followed it for about an hour through the brush and across a stream before catching up to a very angry coyote where I then put him down. I have also called one more in but he flared off at a half mile and I didn't take a shot.

OcFYAzmjSMmEPUywfmo0UQ.jpgfullsizeoutput_17d4.jpegX1QxbgMlRGyYcwLskCwliA.jpgVHxtoL4KQnC0MqOwoTdl2g.jpgIMG_1075.JPGIMG_1085.JPG

dang nice man, I just got my hunting license last weekend I got 2 weeks off in December and all I'm gonna be doing is trying to get some coyotes. not really sure on spots yet but wont know till I get out there haha

Reactions: Nicksurfs96
Nice shooting! Sounds like you’re well on your way to being a successful big game hunter if you get tired of dog droppin’.

Reactions: Nicksurfs96
dang nice man, I just got my hunting license last weekend I got 2 weeks off in December and all I'm gonna be doing is trying to get some coyotes. not really sure on spots yet but wont know till I get out there haha
Let’s get out there! Let me know when your free

What ya using for the call? And about how far do you setup away from the call?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu