First time elk hunt

I’ve never been on an elk hunt, so I’m no use to you in that department. That said, I have been to Montana a few times. If you haven’t been there before, take some time to enjoy the landscape. It’s beautiful up there!

Reactions: Geappetto Hunts
I’ve never been on an elk hunt, so I’m no use to you in that department. That said, I have been to Montana a few times. If you haven’t been there before, take some time to enjoy the landscape. It’s beautiful up there!
I've been one time before to help me buddy move there. Definitely going to soak it up this time around

Reactions: Nuevo
I'm heading to Montana on Sunday for an elk hunt. This will be my first experience with this type of hunt. Reaching out for any advice that may help a inexperienced elk hunter such as myself. I have been practicing my calls but luckily I won't be the caller. Lol
I have no advice as I’m in the same boat as you this Oct. Good luck, from what I understand go off the roads and look for where the cows are foraging. Again, good luck.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I have no advice as I’m in the same boat as you this Oct. Good luck, from what I understand go off the roads and look for where the cows are foraging. Again, good luck.
Thanks man! Someone told me to look out for crows, magpies and stay clear of previous kills. Last thing I want to do is walk into a old gut pile.
Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks man! Someone told me to look out for crows, magpies and stay clear of previous kills. Last thing I want to do is walk into a old gut pile.
Good luck on your hunt!
Thanks, all the best, looking forward to your report, fun times enjoy the experience right?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu