Fox Fur Follow-up

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
20180112_225506.jpg 20180212_111438.jpg 20180114_111725.jpg this is my second tanning attempt, first was a raccoon, now its the fox's turn. Searched youtube and did it with a board, fleshing, salt,drrying, washing, tanning I used Deer Hunters & Trappers formula, it Wass more work than I expected, got a little careless poked some holes, sliced the tail, and had some fur slippage. overall the pelt came out nice and soft very flexible. next one I want to do a coyote got kill one first. Feel free to leave your comments and advise.

Tandy Leather sells some stuff called "Tannit". I have used it on squirrel skins. I believe it says on the bottle it is enough to tan a deer hide. After salting and drying my deer skin I sent it out to be tanned.

Reactions: steveo007
Sweet pink purse haha. Good job that’s pretty cool and thats something I want to get better at as well.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu