Frog gigging

AlexMVegas

Sep 2, 2020
Would anyone be willing to take some marines frog gigging in the area? We will travel anywhere we need to, my buddy and I have been trying to find frogs and have had no luck! Would love to meet up and spend a day or night on the water!!

Would anyone be willing to take some marines frog gigging in the area? We will travel anywhere we need to, my buddy and I have been trying to find frogs and have had no luck! Would love to meet up and spend a day or night on the water!!
Lake O’Neil! Perk ponds, Pulgas was good till it dried up, haven’t been back since.

All the ponds in San Diego Co. that have frogs are private...And there isn't a whole lot of them, since the drought...The canals around the Colorado River and Imperial would be your best bet and I'm not sure that even those have frogs nowadays...Frogs are pretty susceptible to poisons used on crops.

I've been hiking through some year round creeks (trickles/pools in summer) and have seen hundreds of frogs at a time. They are almost impossible to not step on! They are small tho... I could point you to a place if you want to go after small ones... might be dependent on time of year tho.

I've been hiking through some year round creeks (trickles/pools in summer) and have seen hundreds of frogs at a time. They are almost impossible to not step on! They are small tho... I could point you to a place if you want to go after small ones... might be dependent on time of year tho.

Those are probably not bull frogs...They're never very small.

.frog huntin' 6-19-13 002.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu