FYI: Updated National Forest Closure Through 21 September 2020

somekindofnick

Nov 18, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Littlmama
I saw some posts on FB today saying the forest service extended the closure to 9/24 and plans to keep it in place to 10/01. But I haven’t seen any confirmation of this. If it’s true, I’ll be going to BLM next week.

Last edited:
This is the first source I could find that says the forest closure now extends through 9/24
Good find.

The Cleveland National Forest Page (https://www.fs.usda.gov/cleveland/) says it is still closed but they've opened up some of the forests in the north:
Forest Service To Increase Access to National Forests In California
The USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region announces increased access to some National Forests in California beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 19, 2020. The prohibition of the use of any ignition source on all National Forest System lands (campfires, gas stoves, etc.) throughout California remains in place.​
Nine National Forests in California remain closed: Angeles NF, Cleveland NF, Los Padres NF, Inyo NF, Klamath NF, San Bernardino NF, Sequoia NF, Sierra NF, and Six Rivers NF. This decision will continue to be reviewed daily with evolving fire and weather conditions.​

• Dislike
Reactions: DirtHunter

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu