Game vest

just_ducky_1

Aug 17, 2015
Oceanside, CA
What are the true bird hunters wearing? I have an old strap first but it usually rubs my nipples. I’m normally only down with that if I’m getting paid for it.
Was looking at Tenzing BV16. Just curious what the real birders use. Hatchet, I’m all ears. Lay me some knowledge!

Attachments

• B359D115-4E44-4F67-BD76-614D9B6A0BD4.png
    B359D115-4E44-4F67-BD76-614D9B6A0BD4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Dang Justin....That thing looks like a full blown backpack....lol....I like light as possible....Gamehide, around 40 bucks....Important stuff, Snap closure on pockets, shell loops inside pockets, and front loading game bird pouch..... :blush:

.IMG_3199.JPG

I defer to stevo!! Looks good though! By the way..how much you making for the nipple gigg? I'm looking for side work..

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
T
What are the true bird hunters wearing? I have an old strap first but it usually rubs my nipples. I’m normally only down with that if I’m getting paid for it.
Was looking at Tenzing BV16. Just curious what the real birders use. Hatchet, I’m all ears. Lay me some knowledge!
Tenzing is good stuff especially if you are doing an all day walk, everything you need for the day is there when you need it. Know a couple of people that hunt mearns down in South Az where you leave the truck in the a.m. and get back in the late p.m. they swear by it.

Last edited:
I actually prefer game bags w/suspenders. Hunting the desert when it's hot out, the vest is just too hot. But I do have vest for cooler months, just like Steve is wearing.

Dang Justin....That thing looks like a full blown backpack....lol....I like light as possible....Gamehide, around 40 bucks....Important stuff, Snap closure on pockets, shell loops inside pockets, and front loading game bird pouch..... :blush:

.View attachment 51768
Yup it’s a back pack. My son wears my vest like that. My normal game bag is the suspenders type-ish.
I’m leaning toward this Tenzing cuz like Snake said, I go long and hard all day, it’s in my blood.

We're talking apples to oranges here. Vests and belts are what we use when we are driving up and walking fields. Throw a bottle or two of water in and shells maybe a snack as well and you are good to go. The Tenzing is a day pack type of thing similar to the Eberlestock mini me. They have storage for personal use items, a meal and a hydration pouch to allow you time away without support when you don't get back to the truck until the end of the day of hunting. Both good IMO. If you hunt both ways you should have one of each...

We're talking apples to oranges here. Vests and belts are what we use when we are driving up and walking fields. Throw a bottle or two of water in and shells maybe a snack as well and you are good to go. The Tenzing is a day pack type of thing similar to the Eberlestock mini me. They have storage for personal use items, a meal and a hydration pouch to allow you time away without support when you don't get back to the truck until the end of the day of hunting. Both good IMO. If you hunt both ways you should have one of each...

Or two of each, as in my case................... :joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Charmer
This is what I run, 20+ years and still in good shape
Filson continues to produce US made products that are best in class. I have the standard game bags and the light tin chaps. Lifetime products. Waiting for @Aeon to get me a set of the suspender bags for Christmas!

Filson continues to produce US made products that are the best in class. I have the standard game bags and the light tin chaps. Lifetime products. Waiting for @Aeon to get me a set of the suspender bags for Christmas!
Good stuff for sure, I use there game bags and have a jacket and set of chaps that my ancestors will be using a hundred years from now.

What I currently rock. Modified the water sleeve with a VS17 panel to carry more h2o.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 9

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu