Going out, might want to hold off.

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
I was looking to book a trip out of San Diego so I checked with Buoyweather. Looking pretty nautical out there until the 8th. Up to 22 knot winds. Winds going one direction, swell the other, makes for a rodeo ride.

It was a wash machine out there Wednesday and my dad said even worse today

Reminds me of many days in the north Atlantic. 55' seas for days on end. All you did was stand watch and eat dry ration or cold cut sandwiches.
Got nautious watching that....I'm a barfer. No sea legs. It's all land all the time for the hatch.

Reactions: dhntr48
i’ve been watching the reports for a little now. i’m glad i’m booked for a trip on the 8th. hopefully the fishing picks up

I just checked Buoyweather and it looks great all week up and down the coast and out past San Clemente. Yesyer day the overnight boats out to LB were getting into BFT. Lots of boats just out from San onofre, maybe ten miles.

ya i’m going out on the san diego. they’ve been getting more fish everyday. hopefully i can finally get my bluefin ive been chasing for 3 years. the dorado have been showing up more also. good luck to you tomorrow. hopefully we get on some fish

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Yup, Dodo and YT are the hot ticket right now most are paddy grade. The Aztec got limits of BFT yesterday but not seeing anything on 976 tuna about tuna so far. The yellowfin are starting to make a showing.

Well, they cancelled again. They can't seem to get enough guys, 12 minimum, to leave the dock. I'm not sure what the issue is. Might be a lot of guys aren't even aware there is a boat, the 095, that goes out of Oceanside or they are just more interested in going out of San Diego because it puts you thirty miles closer to Mex. waters. But a lot of those boats have been going North because that's is where the BFT are. Or maybe the boat is getting a bad name. I have chartered it two times in the past and never had any issues. Rick is a good skipper, so I just don't know. Well now it's back to Seaforth, if I can find a boat, that's not a cattle boat, that I will not do. Worst case, I wait until early Sept. when I'm on a two day charter.

My buddy got 60 and 30 lb BFT on Friday, but the boat only had 19. He said overall it was slow.

Something I found out a long time ago where fishing is concerned, yesterday has nothing to do with today and today has nothing to do with tomorrow.. I got on the Eclipse, now the Tomahawk. they just got in from a trip down to Punta Colonet where they got limits,120, of YT, 20-40 pounds. We went and got 0. Same spot, 36 hrs later. We spent the entire trip looking. Ended up fishing bottom grabbers.

How are you finding trips on the O95? I have been looking and can never find their schedule

How are you finding trips on the O95? I have been looking and can never find their schedule
Rick placed a voice add on 976 tuna this morning, about three days late. You can just do a search for the boat and you will be directed to their booking schd. Once I see scad. I will call and hopefully talk to Sandra, then book while on the phone. While they don't reserve staterooms I request a forward placement, then hurry on board and get the one I want. Number is, 760-722-2133.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu