Good Deed for the day...

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

After a scouting session on Saturday morning driving home I saw this guy stuck in the center median. I decided to help the guy out and busted a u-turn farther up. He was stuck up to the frame on the front end. I decided to recover from the back, it worked out great and he was on his way.

What I got out of this deed.... Dad and Mom's with kids PLEASE teach your kids about real life... aka... wrenching on cars, cutting grass, hunting n fishing, how to fix random things, enjoy the outdoors, expose them to the elements and how to survive around them. When you fix a broken pipe have them play/help next to you, hand you the tools. Stuff they can take with them when they are older and on their own.

The 20 something year old I helped had no clue what to do, deer in head lights per say. I felt bad for the guy, when I gave him instructions on what to do he did the opposite or nothing. At one point he put the car in park and I was dragging him, Tundra had no problem it was kinda fun to see the power.

Ok, back to home duties.. Enjoy your Sunday guys!!

btw... I see lots of you guys already getting kids involved and big congrats for keeping them busy with things that will benefit them in the future. I should post this up on some Facebook parents millennia site..lol, jk..

Attachments

• IMG_E6517.JPG
    IMG_E6517.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 35
Preach it brother. Especially with so many boys being raised without dads. My daughters have dated a few guys who have never learned the most basic skills. Sad.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
After a scouting session on Saturday morning driving home I saw this guy stuck in the center median. I decided to help the guy out and busted a u-turn farther up. He was stuck up to the frame on the front end. I decided to recover from the back, it worked out great and he was on his way.

What I got out of this deed.... Dad and Mom's with kids PLEASE teach your kids about real life... aka... wrenching on cars, cutting grass, hunting n fishing, how to fix random things, enjoy the outdoors, expose them to the elements and how to survive around them. When you fix a broken pipe have them play/help next to you, hand you the tools. Stuff they can take with them when they are older and on their own.

The 20 something year old I helped had no clue what to do, deer in head lights per say. I felt bad for the guy, when I gave him instructions on what to do he did the opposite or nothing. At one point he put the car in park and I was dragging him, Tundra had no problem it was kinda fun to see the power.

btw... I see lots of you guys already getting kids involved and big congrats for keeping them busy with things that will benefit them in the future. I should post this up on some Facebook parents millennia site..lol, jk..
Well done Rick

Reactions: Stubby
The IV can get sticky in the sand.
The was three of us couple of years back. The leader heading into the field drove right into an irrigation
Ditch. I had all the tools but my truck
Was to lite to pull him out. Required tow truck.

Great job and I hear you too much screen time for most people that age as far I am concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol oh yeah. The first time he got stuck I offered my rubber truck bed mat for traction. The second time, I said heck, let's get one of these farmers with a tractor to yank him out.. not sacrificing my bed mat anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes that nice farm worker saved our bacon. We were really stuck that time.

Good day sir! My brother and I can’t say it enough. These new millennials can’t work around the house or the field. When I was 7 years old. My dad would take me with him during summer vacations to work with him. He was a handy man. At first I hated it. But now that I’m 33 and have my own house. I praise him for what he thought me. I remodeled my own bath. And even my boss appreciated me for how hard I work. I almost when to work for another company. But my boss didn’t want to let me go and gave me a big raise. It feels good to work and know your worth. Keep on teaching! I’m sure that kid won’t forget that moment.

Good day sir! My brother and I can’t say it enough. These new millennials can’t work around the house or the field. When I was 7 years old. My dad would take me with him during summer vacations to work with him. He was a handy man. At first I hated it. But now that I’m 33 and have my own house. I praise him for what he thought me. I remodeled my own bath. And even my boss appreciated me for how hard I work. I almost when to work for another company. But my boss didn’t want to let me go and gave me a big raise. It feels good to work and know your worth. Keep on teaching! I’m sure that kid won’t forget that moment.

Surely work ethics is missing
These days.
In addition respect and courtesy is the other.
I grew up the same.
LB

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu