Gout in my foot

Down with gout in my foot.
But the good news it's starting to heal. Hopefully back on feet soon.

It was red and swollen last couple of days.View attachment 36079
Yes I have in fact been following a strict diet for a long while. How ever I lose will power and eat what I shouldn't.
Plus it seems to be I have an attack when I over do the hiking.
Thank you kindly for the suggestion.
I need to really stick with it.
Tart cherry, lots of fruit & veggies, and salads. Plenty of water.
I try to avoid GMO products.
Organic if possible. One of my goals is to grow my own. But because of the heat wave. I was limit on my progress. It's always something.
Plus hunt game when possible, :)
But you young guy's heed my warning. I did this to my self when I was young. Two working parents,
Taken care of kids, and not realizing
The damage we were doing to our selves. Now older damage done tough to repair but not impossible.
As stikbrandon said I ATE THE WRONG diet. To much processed food with GMO crap. Now there have been law suits again Mansanto for round up causing Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Head the warning.
Don't fall into my fate.
My father and father in law a my age were strong and fit.
Best to all
Longbow

Just a suggestion: squeeze some lemon juice into some water and drink it first thing in the morning when you get up. It will lick start your metabolism and cleanse you. I have been doing it for 2 years about 3-4 times a week. Best wishes for your recovery.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Just a suggestion: squeeze some lemon juice into some water and drink it first thing in the morning when you get up. It will lick start your metabolism and cleanse you. I have been doing it for 2 years about 3-4 times a week. Best wishes for your recovery.
Thanks partner
Longbow

Stay away from processed foods, water and a raw natural diet.
Hi StkBrandon

Well have this shit in my knees now crap. But it's healing. I am on strict
Veggie raw diet. And the help from my family. Hopefully I will heal by the start of October deer hunt.
No more processed food!
light hiking only
LB

Have you looked into keto diet? Ask your doctor. Basically it’s a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet. I’ve lost 32lbs eating green veggies, meat and fats like butter, bacon, coconut oil, avocados, heavy creams and cheeses. I love it.

Have you looked into keto diet? Ask your doctor. Basically it’s a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet. I’ve lost 32lbs eating green veggies, meat and fats like butter, bacon, coconut oil, avocados, heavy creams and cheeses. I love it.
Thank you for the suggestion
Hunt2live

Best
LB

Ok.....one more time. Allopurinol. Some of us have a high uric acid level no matter what we eat. After about 4 bouts of it, have only had one in about 3 years on Allopurinol. Then there is another med they give you for a few days that will knock it out if you get on top of it early....

No worries fellas. I really appreciate all replies. Slowly healing it takes time. I am eating raw veggies as I can stand. No meat. Meat is high in purines which cause high uric acid.
As well as process foods.
I got a bad attack. My fault no one else.
Longduck I agree with you to.
Last bad attack was last year before
That it was 14 years ago. I was taking allopurinol. I got off it for 13 years. Reson I retired was extra long drive and hours at work was taking its toll on my health. I predict I would not made it an other 3 years.
My job was an other very high stress
And was getting worse because of the bean counters and and because companies are demanding more job responsibilities. More hats to do more work for the same pay.
Being retired has added a different challenges and different type of stress. But it's sink or swim no different than working. I worked at my last job for 28 years.
I got $50 gift card and a kick in the ass out the door.
My plan is to visit the doctor, get a blood test, see what level uric acid level is. Should be between 3-7,
I believe. And go from there if it's still high allopurinol it is.
I don't like pills or going to doctors.
But sometimes one has to bite the bullet. It must be all the crap in the food, water, and air
Thank you for all your replies.
And suggestions
Lee

Not fond of doctors either Lee, or pills. Once a year all of us should go get a routine physical and blood drawn! Good luck. Hope you're back up soon.

Feeling a lot better moving a bit.
I may make opener. For general season. I will take Advice given and go in not to far. Depends on how many hunters show up. And weather.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu