Grand Canyon bison hunt

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
Anyone thinking about putting in for this. I have to believe this is a hot ticket. They want to reduce heard by about 400.

Reactions: Herson
I may be mistaken but I think it is either free or a small permit fee. Info is easy to find on line. I was never interested so I did not read entire article. I do know there are several rules they have for the hunt, such as you are responsible for the removal of animal, which could be an issue because of access.

I just read the article and I can't find anything about fee. there are requirements which have to be meant.

Dang...I was hoping not too many people would hear about it...lol. Got to love the www.

I wouldn’t apply. They take the carcass after you pack it out, and then they hand out the meat at the end of the 5 day hunt period. Arizona Game and Fish hands out what they choose to hand out. Who would want to pack out a bison and not be guaranteed to keep the whole thing if you would like to. It sounds like you’re not even guaranteed to get the meat from your bison, you might get meat from someone else’s gutshot bison. If they want to take carcasses in for research why don’t they let the hunters keep their bison and have the employees shoot a few bison for research instead of being a**holes.

Sounds like a great opportunity. I am going to read up on it tonight. If the dates are right, I am in!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Hatch won't be able to enter drawing. they won't let him shoot from truck.:joy:
No truck...no hunt.. no dice!! I'd pay top dollar to watch somebody break down a buffalo and haul out every ounce of meat..head and hide without a vehicle..of course I'd be in the truck sipping ice cold beverages laughing...I hate buffalo

Just for shits and giggles. I entered 22-250 factory federal ammo with 60 gr Nosler partitions.
I’m not saying it wouldn’t kill a bison at 800 yards. But I am saying it’s not a good idea. That 138 ft lb of energy wouldn’t do much shock or damage on a bison. View attachment 48905
138 ft lbs is plenty of knockdown power. I don’t know about you, but I sure wouldn’t like 138 lbs dropped on my toe at 1000 fps, and neither would bison!

Just for shits and giggles. I entered 22-250 factory federal ammo with 60 gr Nosler partitions.
I’m not saying it wouldn’t kill a bison at 800 yards. But I am saying it’s not a good idea. That 138 ft lb of energy wouldn’t do much shock or damage on a bison. View attachment 48905
It's all about shot placement......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hunter527

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu