Great bite at "The Shaw"

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Despite dropping water, the bite was on for fellow MCC member Matt Vaugh and I...Matt tossed skinny Senko's and I was using mostly Texas rigged, Morning Dawn, chartreuse tipped, Robo's...Every pitch where there was bass fry, you got bit...Probably at least 40 hooked fish with about 30 being landed (willow jungles)...Big fish was 4 1/2 lb'er, but Matt lost one that looked like a 7 or 8 when it jumped and spit the hook...Bummer

ps...The old man went for a swim early on...There wasn't supposed to be a rock in that area...Burrrrr... :joy:

.IMG_1619.JPGIMG_1613.JPGIMG_1617.JPGIMG_1615.JPGIMG_1608.JPGIMG_1621.JPG

Steve:

I've come to the conclusion that the reason you catch so many fish at Henshaw and I don't is because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Great photos. I'll learn how to fish there eventually.

Good job been wanting to take my bass boat up there for awhile now. Looking more and more like a plan. Now that there draininng Hodge down to a brink of no return. At arate of 2ft or better a week .Sucks no plans to stop pumping water out. They came a broken return pump. And won't have parts to repair for 4to6 weeks is what i was told by lake staff...

• Angry
Reactions: ilovesprig
Went a few days ago, fishing the same area and technique as Steve did. Water much lower than before, most trees in the mud. Only saw one little school of bass fry. Hooked up there immediately but that was the only fish. Was able to wade way out beyond the trees with my chest waders. Lots of carp.

Yes, the water is going down rapidly, but we still caught probably over 20 fish today (6-4-21)....Senkos for Matt's big girl (6-12 lbs) and I got numbers on Texas rigged Robo 6" Mourning Dawn, green tail....Outside structure is now the key....Which means a boat is required.

.IMG_1680.JPGIMG_1686.JPGIMG_1689.JPG

Now them R sum fish!!! Way to go. You guys are my idols. I'll learn. May take awhile.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu