Great white encounter

Oh please it was no more than 13ft

I dropped in on one in the Palos verde trench at about 130'. Clench moment for sure

Reactions: TRICER
Saw it on the news tonight, Very cool John, special to me that I have met you and very cool, I won't comment on the proposed length as it takes science to do that but the bone's you recovered and your parteners research say much about what was in front of you. When I was young and spent much time spearfishing in the surf near Del Mar it was a rare event amongst's all of us to see one but they have always been around.

Incredible. Thank god white sharks don’t really care for human flesh. Otherwise it would be a blood bath out there. Glad these guys are ok.

At least you were on top of the water......top water buzz bait!

Glad you both have all your body parts!
That looks like a big shark!

I dove with my sister when she got certified at Shiprock....... Instructor and a bunch of us saw one swimming around just outside of full View.......I'll never forget that feeling.......butt cheeks a quivering!
I also did a cage dive at Guadalupe on the Condor which I regret now because one shark has learned to jump out of the water for fisherman on the rail.

Try spearing a 200lb Mako in dirty water. Here is,a pic of an outing in the water while hunting yellow tail.
3181d3fc14748b11b45253969e713a9b.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu