Great white encounter

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
Feb 16, 2011
Oh please it was no more than 13ft

I dropped in on one in the Palos verde trench at about 130'. Clench moment for sure

Reactions: Truduct

Snake Charmer

Happiness is a warm gut pile
Oct 13, 2011
San Diego
www.highonkennels.com
Saw it on the news tonight, Very cool John, special to me that I have met you and very cool, I won't comment on the proposed length as it takes science to do that but the bone's you recovered and your parteners research say much about what was in front of you. When I was young and spent much time spearfishing in the surf near Del Mar it was a rare event amongst's all of us to see one but they have always been around.

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
Nuts! Glad everything worked out ok. When I used to spearfish a lot I had some run ins with some big tigers.. can't imagine a whitey in murky waters.

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Incredible. Thank god white sharks don’t really care for human flesh. Otherwise it would be a blood bath out there. Glad these guys are ok.

MJB

Nov 20, 2012
San Diego
At least you were on top of the water......top water buzz bait!

Glad you both have all your body parts!
That looks like a big shark!

I dove with my sister when she got certified at Shiprock....... Instructor and a bunch of us saw one swimming around just outside of full View.......I'll never forget that feeling.......butt cheeks a quivering!
I also did a cage dive at Guadalupe on the Condor which I regret now because one shark has learned to jump out of the water for fisherman on the rail.