GTP-I Tripod weight rating

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I keep getting asked what the Tricer GTP-I “weight rating” is. I honestly have no idea how the big guys do it but I can tell you how a redneck in Lakeside does it. I mean it doesn’t get anymore scientific than this folks. Keep in mind the GTP-I weighs in under 20oz. Follow the science!DA5DB4A8-73F4-47A2-B087-649D5879F531.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm excited for some tricer trekking poles...please take my money now.

Really glad you went carbon with your product Drew. I’m starting to lose track of how many lower sections of aluminum poles I’ve seen bend or break.
I bent the lower section of my sissy stix 8 miles into our 8 day Frank hunt. That was definitely in my mind while putting everything together I wanted in a trekking pole. My ideal pole design and what inspired it.

.aluminum latches (I have broken at least three plastic latches over the years. I keep spares in my kit)

.fully 3k carbon fiber (I have eaten crap twice on hunts bending poles)

.natural cork handles (they just feel better in your hands especially when you are sweating or wet)

.ergo down grip (when you are in the steep stuff it’s nice to not have to adjust your poles)

I bent the lower section of my sissy stix 8 miles into our 8 day Frank hunt. That was definitely in my mind while putting everything together I wanted in a trekking pole. My ideal pole design and what inspired it.

.aluminum latches (I have broken at least three plastic latches over the years. I keep spares in my kit)

.fully 3k carbon fiber (I have eaten crap twice on hunts bending poles)

.natural cork handles (they just feel better in your hands especially when you are sweating or wet)

.ergo down grip (when you are in the steep stuff it’s nice to not have to adjust your poles)

Again...take my money $$. LOL

I watched you bend a set of Aluminum in AZ. Didn’t know you bent another set in the Frank.
The ones in AZ we cheap so leassoned learned there. In ID when we were hiking to our base camp up some steep steep I slipped pole bent and I went down. Brand new sissy stix, they were good about it though I called them up and sent them pictures and they sent me a new lower. But I have not used the poles on a hunt since. Likely was not the poles fault but it’s in my head now.

The ones in AZ we cheap so leassoned learned there. In ID when we were hiking to our base camp up some steep steep I slipped pole bent and I went down. Brand new sissy stix, they were good about it though I called them up and sent them pictures and they sent me a new lower. But I have not used the poles on a hunt since. Likely was not the poles fault but it’s in my head now.
In my opinion aluminum poles are just no good for off trail use with a heavy pack. They bend and break all the time. With the Sissy sticks, in my opinion they should have made the bottom section carbon and the upper section aluminum. But full carbon is just the better product. I’ve had my BD carbons for more than a dozen years and they just won’t die. The packer that my outfitter sent on my sheep hunt bought a brand new set of BD aluminum poles before our trip and broke them both on the packout.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu