Gun makers push back

I don't understand how these places think they will stay in business when they offend at least 50% of the population. The leftist liberals won't make up for the lost revenue. Hornaday has cut off sales to the state of New York, I think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I may me in the minority here, but I don't really agree with Mossberg. They are totally within their right to stop business with whoever they want. My thing is that there does need to be better gun control.

CA likely has the toughest gun laws in the US and honestly its not that much of a big deal to me. Sure there is some inconvenience with certain things like buying ammo and jumping through hoops to finalize a gun sale, but if that makes it harder for people to obtain guns for elicit use then I think its worth it. I think it would be a good thing for the rest of the US to match CA gun laws.

Don't get me wrong, I am a believer in the 2nd amendment. Owning a firearm should be a right, but with the right conditions which is where the laws come in. Not everybody is mentally or emotional fit to own a gun responsibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Chum.....No big deal to me either, here in Cali.....But I do own a ton of guns and have 1000's of rounds.....What about the next generation that will find it almost impossible to buy guns or ammo?.....You surely know, that lib/dem politicians are not going to stop with these "no big deal" feel good laws.

Who's going to determine, if you're mentally or emotionally well enough to own a gun.....Your doctor, Diane Feinstein?....Is a gang banger mentally or emotionally stable?.....Because as sure as I'm typing this.....They will have guns and ammo.....Stricter laws?.....How's that working out for Chicago?

Yep your right, Mossberg can sell to ever they want.....And us citizens can buy from companies from whom support the 2nd amendment and our constitution..

ps.....There are 350 million plus guns in the US.....Do you think for a split second that bad guys, hell bent kids, or nut cases aren't going to get guns or away to kill people?

Reactions: TRICER and Gspman
There are 2 things here sprig that I hear often from people trying to counter the gun control issues.

1) There is a huge fear that sacrificing just a tiny amount will lead to the government outlawing all guns. I just don't understand that mentality. I like to believe that we as voters have a degree of control for this to not happen.

2) I completely agree that tightening laws is not going to take the guns out of the hands of criminals. The point is that it will make it harder and maybe even dissuade some criminals. Realistically I would only expect a decrease in such crimes, BUT isn't that the goal? Its not an all or nothing issue I believe.

I am well aware that guns grossly outnumber people in this country. That is a big reason why outlawing guns or even buy back programs would be utterly futile at this point. We owe it to our kids to figure how best to handle the gun control issue. I want my son to grow up hunting and shooting just like I did, but I also don't want him to fear going to school and being shot at.

Ding! Ding! Ding.....Drew?

Sacrifice a tiny amount.....How much more of the 2nd Amendment you want to sacrifice?.....What gun laws would've stopped these kids from killing other kids?

Us voters degree of control is laughable.....When's the last time you voted on some gun issue?.....California is controlled by the lunatic left.....Us pro 2nd Amendment (& hunters) folks are so out numbered and it's only a matter of time before guns will be outlawed.....They've almost got the ammo part done with.

You agree you're not going to get guns from criminals.....So who you taking them from?.....Law abiding citizens?.....Only police should have guns?.....Maybe, persuade them not to be criminals.....They're criminals, son.....And don't give a hoot about gun laws.

I have a daughter that not that long ago was in high school.....And I worried about her safety on a daily basis.....The phenomenon of shooting kids by kids in a school is not about guns.....It's the culture these kids are bringing brought up in.....I'm sure you're doing your part, as I did mine.

Until this changes, schools should have armed guards at the gates, and get rid of the GUN FREE ZONE bull $hit.

Last edited:
I really don't think that any of the 2nd amendment has been sacrificed up to this point. You may have a different view of what it means than I do.

There it is again. It's not about completely stopping all gun related crimes, its about reducing it. There is always room for improvement. The problem is that there are a lot of people that don't want to budge an inch on their gun liberties.

Maybe because of how this discussion started you may be thinking that my argument is that gun control is the only answer. Don't be mistaken. I feel that gun control is just a small part of how to combat whats going on in our country regarding all these shootings. Its a really complex problem with no easy answer.

Wasn't there a shooting with an armed guard present? It didn't seem to make much of a difference. I don't think adding more guns is the answer here.

Like you said, the culture of upbringing may have a huge impact on all this. Specifically, I think our culture regarding mental health needs to change. Mental health still seems to be taboo for most of society. There needs to be more acceptance for getting routine mental heath checks. I mean, getting physicals from out doctor is pretty routine. I think the same kind of care should be taken with our mental health.

Ding ding ding as in let the fight begin. I am in your corner on this one Steve. You know where I stand. Give them an inch and they will take us a mile.

As for the school violence that is plaguing our nation and driving the gun control right now, why should good Americans have there rights infringed on for the breakdown of the American family. Kids aren’t shooting kids because of lenient gun laws kids are shooting kids because parents stopped putting in the effort. It’s easier to get a job, rely on public schools, the internet, and video games to raise your kids. Heaven forbid you ever spank them or bring them to church where they will be taught morals and respect for creation.

No let’s teach our kids they crawled out of mud a billion years ago and have no purpose. And then let’s show absolutely no respect for life and abort 3/4 of a million babies a year then complain about how we don’t understand how kids can have no respect for human life.

Gun laws are a irrational fix to the breakdown of the American family. My honest opinion and I know it will be controversial is you can trace all of America’s problems back to 1962/63 taking God out of schools and 1973 Roe v Wade.
Bottom line parent your kids teach them good morals and don’t be a dead beat. And don’t give me mental health stop Prescribing pills and start parenting.

A1CD695C-CF96-4ED4-85F6-1F8B037979F1.png

Talking about gun control and the last president sent how many across the border that killed hundreds of citizens in Mexico..... Screw the "Demoncrats".

This conversation is devolving quickly lol.

This doesn't have to be an us verses them deal. We are all in this together and it needs to be addressed in that manner or else its just going to go nowhere. As hunters we have a very good reason to stand behind gun ownership and we should be upon to show others how that can be done responsibly and thoughtfully.

I was hoping that this would be an insightful conversation, but so far its just the same regurgitated and empty howling.

YTC, If I were you I would quit this forum because you will never win this debate. We all believe in a safer America but it begins at home and in society. Guns are inanimate objects and it's the f'd people who are not born and raised right that cause this chaos. All of the above have said to you things you in this forum you just do not get. I respect your opinion but it is not the answer in this modern environment.The left wants it all with no good science and "safe spaces for all" and if you give into them at any point they will not stop. The only thing we can do is stop them at the doorstep and try to get society to understand that they have bred this behavior and they need to raise and teach there children better. Modern society is responsible for this violence not guns. Guns have been around since the birth of this country and are a part of who we are. It's modern society and lack of proper family and child raising along with immigration issues that has caused this problem.

Reactions: Gspman and TRICER
I fear that we will end up like Europe or Australia or the rest of the world for that matter. 350 million guns not withstanding, they will just tax the hell out of ammo and hunting licenses and outlaw having what they believe is excess ammo. The other side does not want compromise and just wants to outlaw all guns. On the other hand, something has to be done to diminish the violence. Borderline or full blown nuts cannot be allowed to own guns but then who makes that assessment. we live in a society where speaking up about someone will only get them in trouble, case in point that terrorist SOB Hassan at Ft. Hood where his superiors suspected him and yet did nothing....
This problem isn't going away, maybe advanced metal detectors ? but that won't work on polymer.
Detectors and increased armed security might be a start. Maybe campus boxes where students could anonymously drop the name of some student who was making or posting suspicious statements. I understand that this could open the door to possibly damaging some innocent student's reputation but there could be a school/police assessment board who would look at each case before any steps were taken. I am just throwing out ideas.

Reactions: YellowTail_Chum

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu