Happy B Day to me

Congrats ! Gotta love a woman like that big time. When I married for the first time at age forty eight my wife gave me a set of Leica 12 X 50 binos for a wedding present. For our first anniversary she gave me a Berreta Silverhawk side by side shotgun, something I would have never purchased for myself. There are still a few good mates for life out there.

Happy birthday.....Great wife....Beautiful boat........... :heart:

ps....If you don't have a Spot Lock trolling motor...Get one...Truly
Happy birthday.....Great wife....Beautiful boat........... :heart:

ps....If you don't have a Spot Lock trolling motor...Get one...Truly is a game changer....:blush:
Upgraded to a Ghost and 9” screen up front. Gonna stick with the 5 at the console for now. It was really startting to add up quick on those upgrades.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Upgraded to a Ghost and 9” screen up front. Gonna stick with the 5 at the console for now. It was really startting to add up quick on those upgrades.
I know this tale very well, NBK and I bought a Boston Whaler for a fair price back in 2003 and spent about that much to upgrade and make it into an offshore tuna machine ( It had everthing you could hang on a boat of that size ("21 Conquest). In the end we sold it for less than the purchase price in 2018 and in as good as condition with more stuff than it ever had. The two best days in a man's life ?. The day he buys a boat and the day he sells it. Never and I mean never think of it as an investment just a way to enjoy life and have fun and nothing more. If you do that it's all good. PS- Boat is an anacronym for (B. reak O. ut A. nother T. housand). Never a more true word said in my life unless you want to talk about field hunting geese or hunting Mule deer or elk. Those are a whole other stories.... Congrats Cali lots of good times ahead, do as much of it as you can and get your girl involved it will make it even better...

Last edited:
@Snake Charmer

why you got to shit on a good thing with your long winded speech about what boats cost.

@Cali Ridge Runner

that boat and rig to tow it with is bad ass man !!

enjoy
Sorry you feel that way Stik, tried to honor his good day and congratulate Cali with having had the same joy with a bit of been there and done that temperment. I'll leave it at that with you and guess that you did not read my whole input and congrats. I would suggest that you reread my response again and see that I just tried to offer perspective along with the joy of a new toy. BTW wish I had a new truck like Cali but I'm still driving a 2005. P.S. You and I have a history that I have no interest in reigniting.

I know this tale very well, NBK and I bought a Boston Whaler for a fair price back in 2003 and spent about that much to upgrade and make it into an offshore tuna machine ( It had everthing you could hang on a boat of that size ("21 Conquest). In the end we sold it for less than the purchase price in 2018 and in as good as condition with more stuff than it ever had. The two best days in a man's life ?. The day he buys a boat and the day he sells it. Never and I mean never think of it as an investment just a way to enjoy life and have fun and nothing more. If you do that it's all good. PS- Boat is an anacronym for (B. reak O. ut A. nother T. housand). Never a more true word said in my life unless you want to talk about field hunting geese or hunting Mule deer or elk. Those are a whole other stories.... Congrats Cali lots of good times ahead, do as much of it as you can and get your girl involved it will make it even better...
All good… ya I hear you. First bass boat but not my first boat. I dumped a bunch of money into a 14ft aluminum boat years ago. Built a custom casting deck, trolling motor, electronics you name it! Had a ton of good times on it! Ive never been one to hope for a good return on stuff. I am more of a giver to those who may be just cant afford stuff or just have more important stuff to spend their money on. I gave that boat to one of my employees who loves to fish. He was so stoked and he deserved it. That was better than a cash return for me. Most of my vehicles, hunting gear, fishing gear, etc Ive given away to family. They are just material things, the memories you make with them and friends and family are priceless. When im done with this one and ready for a new one this one is going to my little bro. He loves fishing just as much as I do. Thanks for the Congrats!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu