Hatcheries shut down

DMAX

Mar 17, 2021
CHINO HILLS
California trout hatcheries shutting down due to water shortage drought. It will change a lot of lakes hear in southern California. I watched a youtube on big bear lake they stopped all stockings not looking good. Report from Urban Outdoors

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
Just the start of rough times

First time in history since Lake Mead water level was below the water intake to run the Hoover Dam too

So how many golf courses have you heard that are shutting down due to water shortage ?

I've always found it amazing that the times I do fly over southern california and AZ one can spot sprawling green after sprawling green of beautiful golf courses. I'm not anti golf but I can't help but think about the amount of water and pesticides it takes to manage the vast number of golf courses currently operating in our state.

It's all about allocation and order of what the powers that be deem important. Southern California is and always has been a desert , increased population puts additional strains and what water we have available. Recreational fishing and waterfowl unfortunatley are going to take a Wayyy back seat to just about everything else.

just one man observation.

I don't know for sure, but I would think a lot of courses are watered with reclaimed water, just like a lot of parkways. I fully agree it's about the, powers that be, picking and choosing their favorite programs for allocation and gettin kickbacks from said programs.

Reactions: Smokey58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu