hate to say it

Steve and others---This is REALLY bad. Breaks my heart. What will be the impact on SoCal waterfowl hunting next year? Do you see this drought area and others impacting the Pacific Flyway? Up where I live in Fallbrook, there are literally hundreds of new houses on the east side of 15 and going up 15 about 50 miles entire hillsides are graded in preparation for new housing. Where in the hell is the water coming from?

I have read that agriculture uses the majority of our water...With so many new homes...Maybe it's the ag folks that will take the hit.

I had permission on a great 1,000 acre avocado ranch up in Ramona...They have now quit watering the entire grove...And with that, the ponds, seeps, and fruit are gone as are the game that used it.

I can visualize San Diego becoming like Imperial Co...The water just gets too valuable not to sell for human consumption.

Thanks for sharing, Bill....I feel pretty helpless....With the amount of folks pouring into the welfare state...I can't imagine where all the water will come from....I'm guessing wildlife will suck hind tit.
Yeah, we really don't have the resources, like water, to keep accepting people into California, but the dummy state officials just can't help themselves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I spent many years teaching various science courses to grades 6 thru college, and it appears quite clear, based upon science and not politics, that the climate is changing and that the earth is becoming warmer. As an example, Portland, OR, was 114 degrees a day or two ago. The previous record was 107 and that was in August, I believe. If over the next several years they have a couple more records where the temp is 7 degrees higher than the previous record, they are screwed. Montana may have to completely close down the trout fishing on the major rivers because of water temps [which they do today on a daily case-by-case basis]. Lack of rainfall and snowpack in the West has created the worst and most prolonged drought in recorded history. This is just my opinion, but I think that rising air temps will create more challenges in the near future than lack of water. But then again, the combination of rising temps [and the winds that creates] and lack of water may lead to catastrophic fires in the West. It isn't a rosy picture. If everyone in America converted all fossil fuel devices---even vehicles---to renewable energy, it probably wouldn't make much difference in rising air temps because China and India and other developing countries still use coal and other fossil fuels for energy and have no intention of switching to renewable.

But the immediate problem---lack of water in CA---is being ignored and more and more houses are being built and more and more people are coming to SoCal. Where the heck is the water coming from? Where will waterfowl nest? Where will turkeys and deer and quail get their water? And what about agriculture, a leading industry in CA?

Nobody in politics seems to care. It's all about "My political party and my reelection."

****Correction---Portland did not hit 114 degrees. My error. It was 116 degrees, 9 degrees over the hottest temperature ever recorded in Portland. And Seattle, that cloudy, misty, drizzly city on the ocean? It hit 108 degrees. The only major US cities to ever in history exceed Portland's temp are Las Vegas and Phoenix. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu