Havalon VS Outdoor Edge

Havalon VS. Outdoor Edge

• Total voters

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
So I'm looking for recommendations on a knife you don't leave home without for the backcountry and big game hunting. Got an elk tag for next month and still haven't decided on what knife to get for skinning and quartering (that is if I'm even lucky enough to get a bull down)

Been in between Havalon and Outdoor edge but open to any recommendations.

Did you take that one Rambo style dropping out of the tree on him?
Not drinking tonigjt..so not sure of question? But john rambo was badass for sure..once saw him geek a hog with a home made spear..most folks would puss it and run....not John Rambo .

I've been running the Tyto 1.1; as advertised its ultra light and ultra sharp. I ran the Havalon previously and had no complaints but got a deal on a used Tyto. I've been considering going with a more traditional blade vs. the scalpel style after sinking the Tyto deep into my palm while butchering an antelope in Wyoming last year. Those scapels are no joke.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Tyto 1.1 and Tyto Fannin 3.0

been using for a few years now and I am more than happy with them. New this year is a spork attachment that makes it a little more full service...especially out backpack hunting.

Short work of this guy with the Titan...actually had an associate send this knife to me when they first got rollin...cant say enough about um..solid all around..Resized_DSC00422.jpeg

Hatch is it a changeable blade on both sides or a fixed on the main blade?

Fixed on main blade for when you need a solid blade for cracking chests and poppin feet off..designed by the man himself..Jim Shockey!! Needed one knife to do it all..jim is beyond hardcore...legend for sure.

Going with the Havalon Titan! Had the Titan saved in my amazon shopping cart and when I got home from work my wife said she ordered some stuff and saw I had the knife in there and bought it for me...She's damn lucky to have me and she knows it! ;)

Going with the Havalon Titan! Had the Titan saved in my amazon shopping cart and when I got home from work my wife said she ordered some stuff and saw I had the knife in there and bought it for me...She's damn lucky to have me and she knows it! ;)
Never a truer statement..congrats!! You will dig it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu