Heads up

skinnyjimmy

Mar 9, 2013
My son and I had a great hunt this morning.
A bit late to our spot knowing what routes the birds have been taking.
Watched em gobbling with their dates and never saw or heard them the rest of the day.
We were greater by US Forestry - Law Inforcement.
As we strolled by he was writing a couple a citation.
He asked to speak with me and if gun my was loaded.
I had the receiver open as with my sons shotgun. Told him shells were in my pack.
After routine license and tag check he informed me that we would be receiving a citation.
He stated all trails are closed to mitigate human congestion.
I pushed back, informed him there has been no public announcement for the closures of these trails. He then pointed to an 8×10 notice which had been torn and taped to the brown railing.
I asked him how are we supposed to see that
He asked what time did I head in. I responded 4:30, we hiked 2 & 1/2 miles in.
At this time he said he let us off and not to use the trail heads until further notice.
As we took possession of our guns and walked off he continued to write the couple their citations.
I stopped and listened to the wife say thats not fair which I supported her and said she's right. We're all keeping our distance.
The officer then said for the couple to go ahead and leave.
Two other vehicles then arrived which they began writing citations and placing them on the other vehicles.
I saw this all along Sunrise hwy as we drove home .
Just a heads up if you're planning to hunt public land.

Bummer for sure but this encounter could have been avoided. The trick is for you and your son to start coughing and sneezing uncontrollably as soon as you see the forestry guy. Warn him to “stay back your not feeling well, it came on suddenly a week ago you really don’t want to risk his health.”
If that doesn’t work have the kid cry.

This is only if your on designated trails correct? If not on a trail should be a non issue

Tags? You were turkey hunting in CA right?

This was US Forest Service Law Enforcement.
They' don't have knowledge of fish and wildlife law.
Response to trail designated trail:
We hiked in two miles after parking off a dirt road.
There was not trailhead, kiosks or likewise anywhere near us.
He simply was there to stop any gathers much like what we've seen on known trials such as Iron Mnt.

Exactly skeet!!! Only way to be safe..right? Lol..

Don't know where you went in at but every trailhead on sunrise highway and Julian/Cuyamaca to I-8 is posted with a 12"x 24" sign and has been for over a week I know this from talking to the locals I know. Local law stated two weeks ago that this would be there policy.

April 11 2020- April 30 2020 FOREST CLOSURES

DESCANSO DISTRICT
-Agua Dulce trailhead
-Four Corners trailhead
-Horse thief trailhead
-Kernan cycle trailhead
-Laguna trailhead
-Meadows kiosk/sunset trailhead
-Noble canyon trailhead
-Penny pines trailhead
-Pine creek trailhead
-Red-tailed roost trailhead
-Bear valley trailhead forest road #16S12, 16S15 and Forest trail #802
-Wooded hills rd. 15S10
-Forest Service roads within Corral Canyon OHV area closure

PALOMAR DISTRICT
-Dripping Springs trailhead

TRABUCO DISTRICT
-Hot Springs trailhead
-Maple Springs trailhead
-San Juan Loop trailhead
-Tenaja trailhead

Last edited:
Thanks! I kept telling my hunting buddy that this was happening but he did not believe me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they even able to give you a real ticket or is it a unenforceable bull shit ticket like the adventure pass tickets?

btw i saw one of them today on ortega hwy down at the bottom by the ranger station.

Bummer for sure but this encounter could have been avoided. The trick is for you and your son to start coughing and sneezing uncontrollably as soon as you see the forestry guy. Warn him to “stay back your not feeling well, it came on suddenly a week ago you really don’t want to risk his health.”
If that doesn’t work have the kid cry.
I could SO do that with my BIG OL' deep cough! And it's powerful loud too. And I could play it up by reaching into the pack for the albuterol inhaler to really seal the deal and freak him out, HaHA!

Reactions: cadeerhunter
Fellow members and hunters, I was not in any of the areas notated by Mesmashy.
Can you imagine the reverse that will be generated at $500/citation.
My family has made a solid effort to maintain our distancing, no Easter family BBQ, inlaws didn't come over for youngest son's birthday.
I manage a home improvement store and am in awe how some view purchasing marigolds and daisy's are essential. This while NOT wearing a mask
We're extremely effective and efficient with a professional protocol to maintain social distancing and cleaning routines to keep thos who truly require essential home improvement and building essentials safe, at best that we can do.
Yet, God forbide I free dive in an open ocean or hike (X) amount of mile to get duped by a damn turkey.
Staying at home is not the answer, how about common sense.
And do give me that crap about how we put our law enforcement in danger. Give me a break.
The only laws that are being broken are our Constitutional rights

And another reason I have stopped posting daily activities , I do continue to live my life , I am cognizant of the issue , but I refuse to hide under the bed until daddy Newsome tells me I can go outside and play.

It is and will become a constitutional issue , you will see many law suits come up in the future.

Right now the NAACP has been very quite but I'm sure that the young man of color who was removed from the bus for not wearing a mask by 4 white officers not wearing mask will come up again in the future.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu