Heads UP

sportyg

Oct 28, 2011
SoCal
If any of you hit the Coachella Valley, don't fish the canals. They are giving tickets too persons who do CVWD doesn't want people fishing them even though fisherman have been fishing them for many, many years. This just started a couple days ago.

If any of you hit the Coachella Valley, don't fish the canals. They are giving tickets too persons who do CVWD doesn't want people fishing them even though fisherman have been fishing them for many, many years. This just started a couple days ago.

Signs have been up for years, but nothing has ever been enforced...CVWD did purchase a lot of mediation lands, that would cause this change...Maybe a call to them would help.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's because people have been leaving a mess for someone else to clean up.

Signs have been up for years, but nothing has ever been enforced...CVWD did purchase a lot of mediation lands, that would cause this change...Maybe a call to them would help.
They are even ticketing people where there are no signs. They still are trying to get the lake closed to the public, but are not winning that battle as far as I know. Time will tell. Desert Valley Outdoors (DVO) is working on these issues.

Reactions: ilovesprig
They are even ticketing people where there are no signs. They still are trying to get the lake closed to the public, but are not winning that battle as far as I know. Time will tell. Desert Valley Outdoors (DVO) is working on these issues.

What lake?.....Lake Francis or Wiest?

Last edited:
What lake?.....Lake Francis or Wiest?
Not the lake the canals around the coachella valley area. People have been fishing them for years a lot of people caught their first fish out of these canals. But this CVWD director they have now wants to shut everything down. Even though the water is federal, and a good deal of it is not posted and can be accessed.

Not the lake the canals around the Coachella valley area. People have been fishing them for years a lot of people caught their first fish out of these canals. But this CVWD director they have now wants to shut everything down. Even though the water is federal, and a good deal of it is not posted and can be accessed.

You said, "They still are trying to get the lake closed to the public"....And I asked, what lake... :blush:

Well then...Good luck in a court of law, if it's not posted and can be accessed...Do you personally know someone who got a citation?

Not the lake the canals around the coachella valley area. People have been fishing them for years a lot of people caught their first fish out of these canals. But this CVWD director they have now wants to shut everything down. Even though the water is federal, and a good deal of it is not posted and can be accessed.

That really sucks, I caught my first catfish in one of those canals when I was 6. California sucks the fun out of everything.

You said, "They still are trying to get the lake closed to the public"....And I asked, what lake... :blush:

Well then...Good luck in a court of law, if it's not posted and can be accessed...Do you personally know someone who got a citation?
He is still trying to close down the lake. Same lake I have been posting about Lake Cahuilla, now has added the canals. I don't, but I know people who do know people who have gotten tickets. As far as I know one can still fish the canals under Imperial Valley Water District by the way. Just be sure of which water district your in before you fish.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu