Hello from Montana

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Left Sunday after the family reunion at 2:30 pm (missed waterfowl opener)....Arrived the next morning around 7:30 am Montana time...:zzz:

Monday afternoon with a south wind was pretty smoky, but still clear enough to find some game...Yesterday, I scouted all day and picked up my buddy Mike from the airport...Found a mother lode of pheasant and even got a call from the land owner...Got a definite maybe for the opener Saturday... :blush:

This morning Mike & I hunted a field that was good to us last year...The problem was this year, was the X was a 1/2 a mile away...With really nothing else going on, we set-up anyway...Right off the bat a 4 pack commits and we sucked...1 bird...As flights came to this huge barley field, I'd pull a family group would give us a look...We 7 on the ground, they started landing where the X was...I walked out and bumped the out of the field...Mike got 1 while was gone...Thought we'd finished, but for what ever reason, couldn't find one of the birds that hit the ground behind us...So, we finished with 7 (the limit is 4 each...;)

Here's a few pix so far....I love Montana......:heart:

.IMG_0195.JPGIMG_0185.JPGIMG_0143.JPGIMG_0159.JPGIMG_0218.JPGIMG_3085.JPGIMG_3103.JPGIMG_3106.JPGIMG_3120.JPGIMG_3072.JPG

Awesome pictures as always Steve!! That sheep picture is remarkable..seems almost hard to believe it's real. Coley looks like he's all business..I like it! They grow up quick..

I was Born in the wrong state . Kinda looks like a slice of heaven , can't wait for Thursdays photos !

I like the pheasant and turkey the best. And of course you Steve. Never ending smile.

Will there be any mammals harmed on this trip stevo or are they safe this fall?

• Haha
Reactions: socalhntr
Great pictures thanks for sharing them with us and keep them coming !

Beautiful country, variety of hunting opportunities, good friends, good dog, what more could a body want. Maybe a box of prairie dog helper.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
Left Sunday after the family reunion at 2:30 pm (missed waterfowl opener)....Arrived the next morning around 7:30 am Montana time...:zzz:

Monday afternoon with a south wind was pretty smoky, but still clear enough to find some game...Yesterday, I scouted all day and picked up my buddy Mike from the airport...Found a mother lode of pheasant and even got a call from the land owner...Got a definite maybe for the opener Saturday... :blush:

This morning Mike & I hunted a field that was good to us last year...The problem was this year, was the X was a 1/2 a mile away...With really nothing else going on, we set-up anyway...Right off the bat a 4 pack commits and we sucked...1 bird...As flights came to this huge barley field, I'd pull a family group would give us a look...We 7 on the ground, they started landing where the X was...I walked out and bumped the out of the field...Mike got 1 while was gone...Thought we'd finished, but for what ever reason, couldn't find one of the birds that hit the ground behind us...So, we finished with 7 (the limit is 4 each...;)

Here's a few pix so far....I love Montana......:heart:

.View attachment 51364View attachment 51365View attachment 51366View attachment 51367View attachment 51368View attachment 51369View attachment 51370View attachment 51371View attachment 51372View attachment 51373
Are the geese bigger their

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu