Hello from SoCal

Mako

Oct 24, 2020
Oh man am I thrilled to have found a CA based forum where there‘s actual activity! I was referred here by someone over on CalGuns. God bless him

i’m not new to Hunting per se, but I am new to big game hunting. I’m hoping to get out this deer season before it’s too late. I was supposed to go out with my cousin, but he has been flaking out on me. Hope to find a partner or a guide. Will be posting in the appropriate sections if anyone is interested. Look forward to getting to know you all.

Probably a little late to get on the ball this year, but not impossible.

I would start next years season now. Get to scouting, see where other hunters go (and don’t go there). Get your gear in order and start packing and hiking.

Probably a little late to get on the ball this year, but not impossible.

I would start next years season now. Get to scouting, see where other hunters go (and don’t go there). Get your gear in order and start packing and hiking.
You’re probably right. I’ve already got all my gear. With or without him I’m going out next weekend. I’m familiar with D14 as I used to live close to that area. If anything it’ll make for a nice day in the outdoors.

Reactions: CAL'NDN
The old saying goes, you don’t know if you don’t go.

I’ve put a lot of footwork in D-14 and D-11. Those deer have been spooked pretty good by now, so they’ll be tough to find. The dumb ones have been got already.

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Greetings. If you really want to get out this season, check the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website for available over the counter Deer tags. I'm sure there are some left for D15 D 11. How much time you have left I don't know. Good luck give her hell.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu