"Hello KITTY"

brad nsw

Oct 24, 2015
Man are they powerful looking animals!!

Only saw one this year so far. Thank goodness it was daylight and he was 150yds away.

Last year two of them screamed at me in the dark and all I could see was one pair of glowing eyes in my flashlight. Hair on the back of my neck didn't go down for 30 seconds! All I had was a bow and this was 100 yds from my tent.

Slept lightly that night!MFDC0657.JPG

Crazy to have two of them creaming at you! Only seen one a few years ago and was watching my back all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man are they powerful looking animals!!

Only saw one this year so far. Thank goodness it was daylight and he was 150yds away.

Last year two of them screamed at me in the dark and all I could see was one pair of glowing eyes in my flashlight. Hair on the back of my neck didn't go down for 30 seconds! All I had was a bow and this was 100 yds from my tent.

Slept lightly that night!View attachment 37063
Creepy cat

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Worst year so far for cats. They’re all over. We’ve been seeing more and more every year

Much more fun when you are on an overgrown trail then you hear the screaming. Don't slip on that stuff on the ground.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
HUNT0008.JPGHUNT0010.JPGNo shortage of lions in the places I have hunted this year. Have a group of 3 (mom and what looks like 1 1/2 or 2 year olds) that show up frequently. HUNT0007.JPG

Reactions: Goyaałé
Just think fellow hunters. The more of them and the less of wild game. Then when the game is all gone then they will be coming into the populated areas after pets, live stock and small children

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Yeah the land manager for SFWA told my buddy that this is the first year he has ever seen mountain lions in the 20+ years of working the area.

I saw one last year , while Im hunting turkeys, he was just 90 yds, he look at me for 2 min then he disappeared . I was with a partner.
I have many on cams .

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I saw one on the road in broad daylight in Laguna driving around with my lady, I turned a corner and thought it was a big coyote until I saw the tail.... walking back to my truck in the dark has not been fun ever since.

Not sure what it will take.

In Cuyamaca SP, you can't hunt deer so they are all over, I've seen a herd of over 50 deer on the dry bed E. of the lake in the evening while fishing. This in turn attracts a lot of lions. Only 14 attacks in Cal since 1986 and two of them have been in Cuyamaca. One fatal for a 56 year old woman in 1994 and the other non-fatal for a 10 year old girl in 1993. When I run out there, I see tracks and check my back often...pretty sure I wouldn't ever hear it coming!

Idaho on the other hand hasn't had a fatal attack since the early 1900s. With my deer tag,or elk tag in Idaho, I could shoot a lion there and tag it with the deer or elk tag. They took over 600 Lions in 2016 and still have plenty. Ranchers and hunters still complain there are too many. Not sure I'd ever be comfortable shooting a lion with my bow though!! Spent 6 weeks in a tent way up in the Mountains there and never had two lions scream at me, like down here. Have never even seen one up there. Encountered 6 down here so far and many more pictures.

Guess every state has their priorities and management logic. Hope CA's is logic based and not politically driven...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu