Her first turkey

MAG 1

Sep 1, 2016
It started when my nephew was born 3 weeks ago. Placerville is the place , and my in laws property is loaded with turkeys. I decide to kill 2 birds with one stone. Take the wife to see her nephew and shoot a turkey. Drive up Wednesday she's thinking about her nephew, and I'm thinking of a way to get Ember a turkey. Wake up Thursday get my coffee and go outside to see what's going on,I hit the box call and right away I get a gobble. Time to spring into action. I get Ember go set up the decoy, and put her in position to make the shot. We are set up and i hit the box call again and now I have 5 different calls coming back, the excitement was killing her. I finally see the gobbler moving across the property and the color of this bird is crazy. Brite red totally fanned out and taking his time. He was following a hen that was messing around my decoy. He held up at about 30 yards for a few and then came in 16 yards and she put the pellet right were it needed to be. Bird dropped screams of excitement rang out. Great shot and better morning.20190404_100418.jpg20190404_101255.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to her and you! Way to go. With a pellet gun no less!! Specifics on the gun and pellet?

Reactions: MAG 1
Congrats Mark & Ember...I assumed the in/out laws had decided to let Ember shoot a shotgun...Great accomplishment that she got it with a pellet gun.

I went on a trip to Amador a month ago and can confirm that there are tons of birds up there, I am planning on retiring and going to leave in that area... :)

Attachments

• 30FB8380-CD8F-4451-A174-60A058BE5254.jpeg
    30FB8380-CD8F-4451-A174-60A058BE5254.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 15
Great pellet placement to bring down an animal that size with a .177. Outstanding!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu