Hi everybody

Jake S.

Nov 23, 2018
Torrance
Hi, I'm new to the site but been hunting for a year now. Started with doves last year, tried chukar hunting, and same thing this year, dove and chukar. But now I want to try other pursuits. Also, my hunting buddy has had enough of the libs in cali, he's moving to Colorado, so I am looking for a new hunting buddy. I really like what I've seen of this site so far. Thanks and have a good one.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Welcome to SCH Jake. Where are you located? The general deer seasons are almost in the books but waterfowl and upland birds are still ongoing and spring turkey is a few months out. Look forward to your reports.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I live in Torrance, south of L.A. but I don't mind driving, the past 2 years I've been driving out to Yuma for the dove season opener. I've only been hunting a year, but I like it so I want to try hunting other game.

I live in Torrance, south of L.A. but I don't mind driving, the past 2 years I've been driving out to Yuma for the dove season opener. I've only been hunting a year, but I like it so I want to try hunting other game.
Cool, I know of another hunter on here from Torrance who makes the long drive to the valley regularly... long drives are worth it though if you wanna get good opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jake,

Welcome to SCH.....Driving is just part of hunting SoCal.....Waterfowl & turkey hunting would be a logical next step.....Read some of the stuff in the waterfowl forums.....Put in for some ressies for our wildlife areas....Good place to start.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu