hoarding

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
who in the word is buying up all the reloading supplies??? seriously i mean i normally have enough on my shelf to feed my rifles for a few months. id like to think i burn more powder than most. but as of late its very tough to find anything at all. online is useless unless you want to pay 250% on gunbroker! i loaded up my last 215m primers and im not paying $250 for a box. what are folks thinking? its not like federal and hodgdon are suddenly going to stop producing? i love to support our local guys and ffa always seems to have a few lbs in stock. but seriously are people buying 100 lbs at a time and 50k primers, i just dont see this much product being bought up so fast. RANT OVER sorry yall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh S.
I agree they would increase demand, but most of these guys aren’t buying primer and powder. They buy factory ammo

Factory ammo is made of powder and primers. In order to make more factory ammo, supplies have to come from somewhere. Not saying i like it, but I think its the reality. Hopefully some political good will come out of this for our interests.

I agree they would increase demand, but most of these guys aren’t buying primer and powder. They buy factory ammo
Also with all the ammo shortages many guys started reloading. I know of at least 5 guys that started reloading this year and a couple who want to.

in mexico this happened as well except back in the 1960's , a box of ammo there was selling for high dollar. that's when they started their BS, I expect the same here , supply and demand.
as soon as they said here ammo will be restricted to registered firearms. people are getting ready for WW3, that's my gut is telling me.

All the money is in factory ammo for these companies. They don’t make the same margins on components so it makes sense that all their energy goes into making full rounds. The shortage will slow down at some point but I don’t think we ever see prices that we used to.

I asked the big 5 manager next to my store why everyone was was lined up before open every once in a while and he said Ammo shipment day. Been loading up on ammo mfg stocks ever since. .

Yeah all the hoarding sucks. First tp, then ammo and soon fuel.

As it relates to the ammo the solution for me is simple. I will not be buying any other firearms anytime soon. What's the point? I want to shoot them not look at them.
A hunting rifle, a shotgun and a self defense piece is all I need for now. I got better things to do with my weekends than to spend them driving around looking for ammo.

As it relates to the ammo the solution for me is simple. I will not be buying any other firearms anytime soon. What's the point? I want to shoot them not look at them.
A hunting rifle, a shotgun and a self defense piece is all I need for now. I got better things to do with my weekends than to spend them driving around looking for ammo.
Your self control is much better than mine. I have a new action on order with LMFF right now and 2 new calibers in the works. I just cant control myself

I can understand shortages on the popular calibers due to new gun owners. Why are the other calibers in short supply ? Why would 22-250,45/70 , 30-06 be out of stock ?

Reactions: Blkpowder Hunter

I can understand shortages on the popular calibers due to new gun owners. Why are the other calibers in short supply ? Why would 22-250,45/70 , 30-06 be out of stock ?
I’m wondering if it’s bad nationwide as it is in CA. I can’t find ‘06 practice ammo anywhere.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu