Hodges fishing report

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Dennis and I fished Lake Hodges today in the Whaler. It was his first time on the lake and only my second time in the last 20 years. Light crowd, beautiful morning, green hills with purple flowers, quail calling all over the place. You SD guys should appreciate what you have, because there is NOTHING like any of your lakes here in OC.

Planned to fish for bass. But, when we got on the water there were shad jumping out of the water everywhere so we netted a bunch and took a whack at the crappie first. Only caught one but it was ginormous - 2 lbs 10 oz.

AF5FA6FA-2EE5-475A-979C-C6213C184F2A.jpeg

Bass fishing was tough for us but we managed a few of decent quality on Senkos. Reaction baits attracted no strikes. Wonder how regulars did today? We didn’t see much catching going on.

20046B31-C2BA-4A73-A463-D9141F17D711.jpeg

3D22C8B8-DAA2-40B1-9569-60BFBC48E57B.jpeg
Tight lines!

Thanks guys. We had to really work at it. After blanking in the Narrows and east end, we caught all our bass in the dam arm.

So much for my local knowledge................lol
You were right but things changed I guess. Nearly all of the other boats went straight to the east end. At one point in the dam arm we fished for over an hour without seeing a single other boat.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu