How California snared two elite hunters posting ‘once a lifetime’ kills on social media

The charge of taking a pic before tagging an animal is always stupid in my mind. Not sure why that matters.

If they were baiting then they deserve to be charged for it. That’s an unfair advantage over other hunters imo.

Reactions: Herson
Definitely D16.. those Bastards!!! Uggh!!

Reactions: Herson
Dang. That was an interesting read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well looks like 2019 was the year to poach because the entire DFG was focused on these two guys. It must have cost them millions. Not condoning the poaching but man they put an insane amount of time and money into this.

Also did any of you Julian hunters catch this little snipet? 400 yards from an apple tree or your poaching
031E35D3-2A7F-49AD-B418-03B9A7CFF5DD.jpeg

Last edited:
That's awful brave of Ca. game wardens. I'm surprised they didn't call in the Marine expedition uint to assist.

Well looks like 2019 was the year to poach because the entire DFG was focused on these two guys. It must have cost them millions. Not condoning the poaching but man they put an insane amount of time and money into this.

Also did any of you Julian hunters catch this little snipet? 400 yards from an apple tree or your poaching
View attachment 48689

I'm calling BULL $hit on that one....I have no control over Mother Nature dropping apples or pears, or acorns, or any other kind of food that deer happen to like!

ps...Deer like water too...So having a pond or drinker on a property is unfair?

I'm calling BULL $hit on that one....I have no control over Mother Nature dropping apples or pears, or acorns, or any other kind of food that deer happen to like!

Best part is it’s all up to their discretion and they don’t have to prove that you intend to violate. Pretty much means they could find a way to screw with anyone if they want.

Ummm... you're way off. Lots more to this story. If you're complaining about the resources (really not much in todays world) used in this case... then I'd suspect you're the same person complaining about the cops not doing enough. The first thing a guilty person does is blame others... in this case the whistle blower and cops are the bad guys. Hang'em high. Ed F

Hmm. I’m sure there is a lot more to the story, there always is.
I’ve had two active PO’s tell me that they have a hard time getting those kind of resources for murder cases. Just repeating what I’ve been told.

Reactions: PewPew252

Yeah that's crap. What wouldn't be consider bait under that reasoning?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu