How to apply for CA jr deer hunt?

DoubleTrouble

Sep 8, 2016
This is the first year my son is eligible for the CA deer draw & I need help.

I want to put him in for J12, X9a, & then D16.

Do I put him in for X9a & D16 on the 1st tag drawing app? Then J12 for the 2nd tag drawing.

Or.... X9a on the 1st.
J12 w/ D16 as 2nd choice on the 2nd app?

Or... Should I put him in for J12 for the on the 1st round tag drawing?

Depending on where you live Inwould just go down to Fine Firearms in La Mesa they will walk you through the whole the whole thing and print everything out right there.

But if you look at the big game book you are on the right track use the first application for his x zone and the second one for youth. I would probably do all three choices as your though on the second one. My son won’t be old enough to apply until next year though. Can’t wait!
033F6DD4-B6E3-4FC7-B4C7-338CFDA61EFE.jpeg

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
If you want him to draw j12 before he is an adult you need to make sure he gets a point this year! J12 is probably one of the best hunts in the state.

This is the first year my son is eligible for the CA deer draw & I need help.

I want to put him in for J12, X9a, & then D16.

Do I put him in for X9a & D16 on the 1st tag drawing app? Then J12 for the 2nd tag drawing.

Or.... X9a on the 1st.
J12 w/ D16 as 2nd choice on the 2nd app?

Or... Should I put him in for J12 for the on the 1st round tag drawing?

If your kid draws a j12 tag let me know I would love to go up and be a extra pair of eyes I’m nornally up there anyway .

I'm in the same boat this year Double, trying to figure out how to do it for my kiddo. I want to do an unrealistic one just to get a point, but just my luck he'd draw it first try........

J12 would be great. Highly sought after. Very nice Bucks up there. J10 is also a really good one. Either sex tag. Need around 4 points to get a shot at it. My son drew it at 4 points then got in on a random the next year. Not a hard tag to fill if the kid is okay taking a Doe if no Bucks show.

John

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu