Hudson River SEAL Swim and Run for Veterans (please read)

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
I don't post stuff like this very often - but I love our military and our vets. My father was a world war II ace who flew Wildcats off of Henderson Field in Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands - Southwest Pacific). He was special as is all active, retired, and missing service men and women of the United States.

Scott Shore is a friend of mine who is swimming this fund raiser. He is a special guy who is just coming of rotator cuff surgery 4 months ago (and he ain't scared). He is a 30 year vet who did 20 of those years on the Navy SEAL teams. Scott is half way to his fundraising goal. Maybe some of you good folks can help. Below is the link that gives much more detail and I also included a summary of the event.

Thanks -

Link: Hudson River SEAL Swim and Run for Veterans

About Event​

The event will commemorate the 20 year anniversary of the attacks on September 9/11. This year's swim will also honor the 10 year anniversary of Extortion 17, which was the call sign for a U.S. CH-47 Chinook military helicopter that was shot down on August 6, 2011 in Afghanistan. The crash occurred while transporting a quick reaction force attempting to reinforce a unit of Army Rangers, resulting in the worst loss of U.S. Military life in a single incident in the Afghanistan campaign.

Along the route, a team of U.S. Navy SEALs will swim to the Statue of Liberty and then Ellis Island before arriving in Battery Park. At each stop, SEALs will perform pushups and pullups to honor America’s liberties, diversity, and those who have fought to preserve them. Upon their arrival at Battery Park, the SEALs will run towards One World Trade Center and end their journey at the America’s Response Monument.

The Navy SEAL Swim and Run will help GI Go raise funds for veterans in the New York/New Jersey Region, including ending veteran homelessness in New York City, and funding the veteran small business incubator and training center. Donate now to support this amazing event.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu