Hunter Liggett Info/Tips?

SoCalElkLvr

Nov 17, 2019
My buddy got an A24, and wants to do Hunter Liggett. He hunted a lot when younger, but is just getting back into it. I sold him one of my Mathews, and he's been getting pretty good up to 40yds. I'm going to help him, and am looking for some input.

Neither of us has been in the area. I spoke with the program manager at FHL, and he was really helpful, but has not hunted there recently, so he had limited boots-on-the-ground info for the area.

Anyone have any tips for FHL? A24 appears to be right around near the rutting period for that area, but finding more info on that has proven difficult. Hoping someone can give a bit of insight as to what to expect, or areas to avoid.

Any help appreciated!

FHL is probably your best bet. I was just there for A zone. TA 29 is walk in only and limited to primitive weapons. Have a pig tag in your pocket as well. TA 29 is good for pigs too. Hopefully you can get up there on weekends during the season. For either sex the whole area should be good. If you do go to FHL, there are some “hoops” to jump through first. The website can lead you through it. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu