Hunting/Scouting vehicles

Bronkorob

Dec 24, 2018
What is everyone driving around in the back country?

Ive been doing a lot of trail/area scouting around on a V-strom 650 adv bike. Where I google earth an area that looks questionable for vehicle access due to terrain or trail conditions, I usually get out there first on the V-strom to check it out and see the area. It can get me into some gnarly places I would otherwise have to walk or just have to turn around. Lot of roads have some huge washed out sections due to all the rain this winter. Still have to figure out how to pack a small rifle, .22/.223 on it so when I go hiking around and come across some critters or coyotes.

Otherwise, Im in a 2013 F-150 or even a Toyota matrix depending on the area and what Im out there for.

Like Gundoglover... i have been driving my wife’s 2012 BMW X5 diesel... I put some scratches on it when backing up on brushes a while ago and the wife asked ... did you scratched my truck??? I said... NO!!! The scratches were there when we bought it!!!
Now I just got miself a 2003 Ranger 3.0 that I will customise like Truduct.
After I arrive to the place I am going I take off on my Irish Setters.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu