Hunting Turkey on Private Land Near Julian CA

Marcorporation

Nov 19, 2014
Hello all. I'm new to this forum, and hunting here in San Diego. Can anyone direct me to any private land owners who will allow turkey bow hunting on their land? I've been scouting public lands for the past month with no luck. I have seen however dozens of birds up near Julian. Feel free to private email me.

Thank you,
M

I'll take an A+! Thanks guys. I'm also looking for a hunting coach too. I'm willing to pay for your time. I'm a good shot and super stoked for getting back into this sport. I currently live in San Diego.

There are no private land owners that will give you access. You are welcome to knock on doors and ask though.

If you pay someone they have a be a licenced guide.

Welcome to to the SCH forum Marcorporation. This is a great place to learn and get involved. You may want to read the link below. It is a quick guide regarding getting started as well as getting involved on the forum.

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php/topic,6764.0.html

This will help you get your questions answered and increase the success of your next hunt!

Thanks NBK! I appreciate this! I've joined the Nooby thread and introduced myself properly. Sorry for jumping right in like this. I hope I didn't offend anyone! I'm here for the long haul, and look forward to making new hunting buddies!

Take Care,
M

No offense taken by anyone Marco. It's the running joke on most hunting forums that first time'rs posts run in the range of "Where are the turkey" and "Where are the pigs". Everyone on here has seen those quite a few times. Stay committed to the site and windows and information will open for you.

Gcddarren said:
well where are the turkeys at???

There were a few here today.................... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_9644.JPG
    IMG_9644.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9649.JPG
    IMG_9649.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_9651.JPG
    IMG_9651.JPG
    525.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9658.JPG
    IMG_9658.JPG
    889.8 KB · Views: 83
Don't let them fool you they are all decoys :p. Try joining MCC if you can afford it. You should be able to find a few decoys to shoot on their land. Or hunt down town Wynona, maybe spelled wrong. In any case you can find them turkeys down town there abouts.

Had these young boys & girls in front of us while deer hunting yesterday.......The pecking order is in full swing......Hens & jakes.......Long beards are in their own bachelor groups.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2NQ5iAcqB0

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu