Hunting Utah’s general season

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
I got up here to my camp spot late last night. Has no time to set up the tent, so slept under the stars, it was beautiful!

Woke up this morning early and was glassing an hour before the sun. Found this beauty!

Also found a couple forkies.

Hope my 4 pointer returns tomorrow!

Will keep updating here.
ac64950a3c760d80e095b4b4e0cb8d89.jpg
4b6d1e042e334605c93dbbe0e459635f.jpg
cfc474bab391bde0f695bd1bdc91b47d.png
700358fe76be63601c2ebe2e5fca72c4.jpg
4a02d319a803c35c4379dc968dacbfb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys, I’m beyond frustrated and dejected. I have had 3 good shots on bucks, and missed all 3. One was at 360, kinda understandable cuz a tough set up.

Second was a perfect set up 150 yards.

3rd was 200 yards, and right before the shot realized my elevation turret was just free spinning. Best guess was it was still on a 375 zero. Missed.

I’m like a rookie all over. Back to the drawing board and starting over.

Will do a quick 2 hour hunt in the morning then heading home.

Been fun regardless.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Don’t quit man. We all miss, at least I know I do. You will get it done in the morning stay after them and don’t give up.

Thanks bud. Im pretty down on myself right now.

See how the morning goes

In all my days I’ve never had accuracy problems. Last year I was smoking pronghorns between 300-350 yards, and one of them was a fawn (not on purpose.)

I’ll figure it out eventually!

Don't give up stay at it.
Good luck in the morning.
I read that some Scopes turrets
Will not track or lose track.
Then lose zero. Do an equipment
Check.

So that would mean you need to bring it down 4 MOA or 16 clicks to get back to a 200yd zero.

That sounds way off almost like the scope shifted or something. Explains why you are missing though. Hope you get a buck in the morning. It could be worse you could be going to work like me.

Yes what they said I should have explained better.
If you can do an app ballistic of where zero is
In case 200 yards. See what the raise and drop at different distances.
100, 200, 300, 400 yards.
Since. There is no time to practice
To re-zero

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu