Hunting wasn't enough... AB-3071

yup, not surprised.... interestingly enough though, smoking is still legal, fairly certain that kills more people then lead poisoning does.

and agreed on the fishing front, lead weights next?
They tend to shy away from confronting the fishing industry.

Reactions: Wildgame
I'm telling everyone, one anti gun/hunting bill at a time they will make it impossible to own firearms and hunt in this state. That is the reason I will not hunt here or buy any sporting good supplies from stores in this state. If this bill passes, what are those who have stocked up on lead ammunition going to do with it, not that the libs. who sponsor these bill give a damn. It's just another lib feel good bill. One bill at a time, tic, tic, tic.

Reactions: TheGDog

The bill would also prohibit patrons or employees of a sport shooting range or an indoor shooting range from firing ammunition

wtf is a sport shooting range. so pretty much trap and skeet ranges and all target ranges would be more or less shut down. Thank god Camp P is hosting shooting matches

yup, not surprised.... interestingly enough though, smoking is still legal, fairly certain that kills more people then lead poisoning does.

and agreed on the fishing front, lead weights next?
They tend to shy away from confronting the fishing industry.

they went after lead fishing weights a few years ago and the fishermen were able to fight it off.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The bill would also prohibit patrons or employees of a sport shooting range or an indoor shooting range from firing ammunition

wtf is a sport shooting range. so pretty much trap and skeet ranges and all target ranges would be more or less shut down. Thank god Camp P is hosting shooting matches
Pretty much the way I am reading this garbage bill as well.

Most ranges I've been to prohibit shot larger then 7.5 and the smallest steel shot I see is larger at 7
Steel core ammo is banned at almost all indoor and many outdoor ranges because of fire danger.
It is all working per their plan.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Once again these folks don't know or care about the science, The indoor ranges use high volume air movement and the outdoor ranges have no problem. In addiition there is what is called TMJ ammo for the target shooter (Total metal jacket for indoor range safety) If you all want to rerspond effectively that is how I would approach this .You nay sayers who shout out this stuff need to roll on it all us old guys are dieing and and are beginning to not to care. It's you world live in it or die...

Reactions: ilovesprig
Everyone needs to write what they just posted on a poster board and stand out in front of the bills authors office, throw a bloody tampon like the anti-vaccine group did. Preaching to the choir.

When y’all want to go?

Oh ho ho ho... THIS Mo-Fo right HERE!!...

"(e) Ammunition that does not contain lead is readily available. Studies have shown that nonlead ammunition performs as well as, or better than, lead ammunition. "

Obviously this mofo has not shopped around OC. First.. these F*ckers go and disallow free-trade capitalism by disallowing us to order ammo online, which helped me greatly in procurring Lead-Free, then they go and pull this shit?

Furthermore... I'm kind of astonished how their liberal heads don't just explode, as I seemed to recall that Copper was becoming harder and harder to find/mine. And I mean, I thought liberals HATED anything that disturbs the Earth? You know, like Plastic Straws, (or Breathing).

They know damn well what they're doing. First they do this "Oh it needs to be lead-free!" thing. Then... later-on this will allow them to claim that we just don't have the luxury of using a "precious commodity" like copper that we need as a conductor material for wiring to be "squandered" on ammo, "When there are American Jobs and Homes On The Line!!!"

Damn... diabolical how far down the line they've thought this one thru.

Well ya no steel allowed in indoor shooting range. So we all said no problem we can still shoot lead. We all had to know this was next. So objective is to basically shut us down. Hard to buy ammo. Sure not bad for one or two boxes of non lead, But the $ add up. Steel is not as effective as lead and never will be. But us scum bags should be happy. Join and contribute to pro second amendment organizations.
Stop this in it's tracks, because they are not done. Next is no semi autos permitted.
Single shot only. And nothing over 2-3/4 length. It gonna happen. If nothing stops them.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I'm just wondering if people are sending solid copper and whatever else non-lead projectiles downrange in an enclosed indoor range how many will be injured or killed by ricochets?

No full metal jacket, copper will be the same. Next all legal target shooting on BLM or private property will be illegal.
As it is there is a BLM law no full metal jacket ammo allowed. On BLM.
Weren't those types of restrictions over something to do with the concern of the projectile causing a spark or something, and starting fire?

Yes, but common really, out in the desert.
The range I go to has hills behind it and they have a fair amount of brush. At the right time of year it is very dry. As far as the ranges are concerned., I'm certain it has to do with CYA or on their case CTA. Strict restriction on any rounds containing steel.

sure that's understandable , but I am speaking of out in the open BLM land, commen sense target practice with a good back stop of dirt. but I know I for get it takes common sense.
I very much set up on my own land, but most are stuck with out door and indoor gun ranges. but here again after they go after what's left of BLM , they will be coming after us on our own land.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu