I GOT SHOT

MAG 1

Sep 1, 2016
Just wanted to express safety. I've hunted with this guy for years and accidents happen. The weekend was over and we were headed home, just one last shoot in the morning and we were gone. all day in the hospital, and I will live with 24 pellets that will stay in me. Might have to have surgery on the hand, I have one in there that they are worried about. Other then that everything is on the back side.Waiting for the xrays, once I get them I will post them. I guess some of them went pretty deep. Hurts like a BITCHView attachment 36022View attachment 36023View attachment 36024View attachment 36022View attachment 36023View attachment 3602420180903_071858.jpg20180903_071858.jpg20180904_070125.jpg20180903_085448.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Just wanted to express safety. I've hunted with this guy for years and accidents happen. The weekend was over and we were headed home, just one last shoot in the morning and we were gone. all day in the hospital, and I will live with 24 pellets that will stay in me. Might have to have surgery on the hand, I have one in there that they are worried about. Other then that everything is on the back side.Waiting for the xrays, once I get them I will post them. I guess some of them went pretty deep. Hurts like a BITCHView attachment 36022View attachment 36023View attachment 36024View attachment 36022View attachment 36023View attachment 36024
No words, was unfortunate.
Get healed.
Longbow

Dang, hope you recover well, glad it was dove load (looks like dove load).

Very sorry for your pain and discomfort. Lucky it was 7 1/2 shot and not 6 or 4s.
Maybe the pellets will work their way up and out over the years. I say this because one of my Bosses was a Vietnam vet and he was still pulling shrapnel out of his legs into the late 90s.

Reactions: Moves
So glad it wasn’t your face or torso. But that is awful no matter what. I got hit last year but minor compared to yours.

So the friend who shot me has 2 boys that are normally with us. We bothe emphasize safety first. I really don't know what happened. I'm talking to him 1 minute about a bird I think he shot, the other bird I see go down the tracks on the direction i'm walking and all of the sudden wahm I get shot. We were about 50 ft apart I think. I see a bird fly away and feel the pain right away.

Glad you are ok, accidents happen and this is a great reminder of why we should be extra aware.

Also glad it wasn’t a few inches higher looks like a few got up close to the jewels that would have been terrible!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu