I hate these MOFOs

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
I have been on my spot since 4:30 freezing my toes off. Then at 9:30 after filling in a couple of birds .. spear a couple of guys that I saw from the moment they got off the truck. Walked through the whole fu... Ing field talking... Needless to say that the birds started running away... Now I got to start all over again. IF YOU ARE LATE... STAY HOME!!!

Reactions: MAG 1
I have been on my spot with my son and another member of this forum since 4:30 AM freezing my toes off. Then at 9:30 after rilling in a couple of birds .. there is a couple of guys that I saw from the moment they got off the truck. Walked through the whole fu... Ing field talking... Needless to say that the birds started running away... Now I got to start all over again. IF YOU ARE LATE... STAY HOME!!!
To top it off, they haven't seen me so they stop 30yds from me to have a f... Conversation!!! WTF!!! GET THE F.. OUTTA HERE!!!!

IF YOU ARE LATE... STAY HOME!!!

Maybe they were just really early for the afternoon hunt?

9:30 is fairly late after fly down. If it was 7 AM, you might have an argument.

These guys could have already shot a bird early AM and maybe you were in a spot they like to hunt mid morning...

It sounds like these guys maybe didn't know what they were doing, but if I were you I would have alerted them wayy before 30 yards.

Either way, I understand your frustration. You simply can't avoid it in public land, especially on opening morning.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Glad it wasn't me...as a newb, I am so worried I'm going to do this to someone. But i was at my spot bout 5am-ish. (I got nada, but it was my very 1st day). Did you end up with anything?

How do you guys let someone know if they started walking through an area u r hunting? So i know what to listen for, or do i just look for a middle finger bird?

How do you guys let someone know if they started walking through an area u r hunting? So i know what to listen for, or do i just look for a middle finger bird?
I don't know what every body does, but this is what I do... If I change areas during the day, the first thing I do is to check if there are more vehicles around. If so, I walk carefully and slowly always looking many yards ahead, specialty checking for decoys and calls, always have my binos with me to check way ahead on my path. If I hear yelps or gobbles I rapidly look for cover and pay attention. It can be a hunter or the real deal, something I would never do is to walk on something that's yelping ( hunter or bird) chatting with a friend like if we were at a bar.
Don't get me wrong it will happen to you, you may trip over another hunter like many here have said. It is public land at the end of the day, but if you were careful and still did happen be courteous and at least say that you are sorry.
I M H O.

Glad it wasn't me...as a newb, I am so worried I'm going to do this to someone. But i was at my spot bout 5am-ish. (I got nada, but it was my very 1st day). Did you end up with anything?
We got two birds coming, then ... Like you ... NADA.
It was cold. Wasn't it? Remember what I told you? Make sure your feet stay warm. Specially your toes.

Reactions: Littlmama
Maybe they were just really early for the afternoon hunt?

9:30 is fairly late after fly down. If it was 7 AM, you might have an argument.

These guys could have already shot a bird early AM and maybe you were in a spot they like to hunt mid morning...

It sounds like these guys maybe didn't know what they were doing, but if I were you I would have alerted them wayy before 30 yards.

Either way, I understand your frustration. You simply can't avoid it in public land, especially on opening morning.
I understand what you are saying, I was calling, it is not the case that I was quiet. I saw them coming from far away. They plain and simple didn't care. May be like you said, they didn't know what they were doing. They walked into another another hunter about 200 yards away, he discharged his shotgun, picked all his stuff and left frustrated.

Reactions: TheGDog
I personally wouldn’t complain or get pissed... it’s public land? But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

sorry I didn’t know you were there. Lol jk.
You are right on one thing, it is public land. But if you are serious and know what you are doing when you go to the field carrying a firearm with the purpose of hunting, at least be courteous and try by all means to avoid making this type of mistake. I kept trying to bring those birds close and they kept having their chat out loud!!!

But you found out another hunter was there 200 yards pass me right?
He fired his shotgun.
LOL

Reactions: MAG 1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu