I hate thieves

SteveHazard

Oct 24, 2018
Daughters new mountain bike was stolen today but I'm also upset at her and the idiot boy down the street. So they want to go down to the store. It's not a far ride and they are beginning to be old enough to go to the store. Daughter takes the U lock, she has used it before, and SHOULD know how to use it. So they go to the store. Then as I am told they go down and across the street to the 99 cent store, a place I told my daughter the other day I didn't want her going because of the types of people over there. And she doesn't lock the bikes but the boy does because he wanted to and he wanted to carry the locks. Idiot just locks the seat posts together. Inside he is trying to ask my daughter to buy him soda. They come out my daughters nice bike is gone and his beater bike is still there of course. She is hysterical and crying, she loved that bike and it was pretty much the only fun Christmas gift this year. Boy says he doesn't want to be involved and doesn't want to be around her if she is crying, I think my daughter told him to just leave then, and he did.

Pissed at a scumbag that would steal a girls bike. But I'm upset at both of the kids too.
Trying not to lose my cool more then I already did. My girl was upset enough that her bike was stolen and now dad is upset at her for letting somebody else lock her stuff up.
Damn I hate thieves. I almost thought I found the guy some homeless guy basically looked really sketchy trying to skirt away from a blue bike but it wasn't hers.

Reactions: Smokey58
Sorry to hear that, Sorry for your daughters loss. From my perspective having been a step parent for awhile what you might want to do with this is turn it into a non blame lesson on how the world is not safe or fair and she should consider that there are bad people out there. P.S. might want to get her another one but my suggestion would be give her a bit of time to digest what happened so she can understand how the loss happened and allow you to apply your words to her next bike and for her to apply her learned knowledge to the next time this might happen.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Yeah it'll definitely end up being a variety of lessons. I told her she should but her older bike that is too small up for sale to generate some money to get a new one, and gave her several other ideas. We will find a way and or help get another but I do want her to be part of the investment of a replacement so she has an attachment of her work into the next one herself.

That's terrible. But I can assure you she will think about it and take preventative measures in the future.
Most young people that come from good families don't think about how terrible other people can be. It is just part of becoming street smart.
When I was a kid I got my school bag stolen I was so confused that it had magically disappeared I could not understand what happened..I got older and had my bicycle seat stolen and I was fuming. I baited the guy with a new bright bicycle seat and when he got on my deck to get it, i shot him in the head with an air riffle (not recommended). I became so much more aware in every aspect. Now I notice the strange dude in my hood, the guy crossing the street, an unusual car driving around or an approach of a stranger,I look for a closed hand a hand in a bag and rarely expose my back...plus I travel to Mexico a lot and while my friends act like drunken fools I am spotting the strangest activity or signs of special situation and act quick but calmly.

Thieves need a lifetime memory beating but you never know what the might carry so careful to confront...surprise and disable.

Reactions: sportyg
What happened to the boy who just left when she was upset ?? Would not be having my daughter hang with that boy anymore. With that said I HATE THIEVES .

I was maybe 12....Saved my paper route money and bought a new 10 speed....I go into a hardware store for just minutes....I come out and my brand new bike is gone....Learned an early lesson....There are bad people out there and to be vigilant.

Sorry for your daughters loss...Life's lessons are sometimes quite cruel.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu