I know, I know

That’s three more than two hands full. Awesome. Dogs look the happiest!

What's the membership up to now ? Last time I heard it was like $10, 000 initially (if they had an opening) and yearly fee's after that plus cost of birds. Last time I was there was with a good friend of my wife Tom Tucker who was a principal at Tucker and Sadler architects in SD and we did a driven duck shoot and chukar hunt that was pretty much a meat fest.

Yikes, 10,000 Fazul ! almost as bad as the Little Lake Duck Club. Still if you can afford it why not, I would. Until I hit the Lotto its the good ol Mojave for me.
Anyone know anything about: Mendel in the IV and his canned pheasant hunts? I want to get my dog on some birds.

Mendel's is much more like REAL pheasant hunting....Most birds are placed into alfalfa fields and pointing dogs are used to find them.....Pretty much the way you hunt the wild ones in the IV.

.006.JPG

cool, thats just what i wanted to hear. My dog trainer told me that he had heard good things but I wanted corroboration. thanks

See, that's the problem right there. Hunt privileges only for the affluent top 5% of people. No longer the place for average Joe hunter. We get to do blm or nothing. Those who have 10000 to spare, well, enjoy

See, that's the problem right there. Hunt privileges only for the affluent top 5% of people. No longer the place for average Joe hunter. We get to do blm or nothing. Those who have 10000 to spare, well, enjoy

Really, that's the problem? A private property hunt club with planted birds? I'd like to see more game on the millions of acres of public land available but can't fault people for paying for memberships or buying their own property.

ihunt,

San Jacinto W.A., Imperial W.A., and DFW provide pheasant hunts....FREE....Also, if it wasn't for private properties we probably wouldn't have any game left in SoCal, especially turkeys.

I suggest you read a little and understand what we all go thru to hunt here....And trust me, most every state has more private than public.

ihunt,

San Jacinto W.A., Imperial W.A., and DFW provide pheasant hunts....FREE....Also, if it wasn't for private properties we probably wouldn't have any game left in SoCal, especially turkeys.

I suggest you read a little and understand what we all go thru to hunt here....And trust me, most every state has more private than public.
Free from IV WISTER18411.jpeg

Don't shoot the messenger LOL
While totally agree with what is all said.
And there is public land opportunity.
Let's face it most of the game is on private. Public is not what it use to be.
As said before by others public land is getting gobbled up.
That is why when we find that sweet spot it becomes too secret.
To ihunt point and frustrating. I understand that very well.
Especially if one is a working man trying to feed a family.
But no worries it's has and has not
Pretty much.
All we can is our best.
And must do what we can.

Reactions: ihunt and Smokey58
To each their own on paying for hunting privileges... If I had the cash I might go for some guided services to a monster buck or elk that is beyond my grasp. Every year I get invited to private duck clubs to shoot some ducks but I haven't accepted just because I haven't had the time (might be fun/addicting).

The IV benefits from that hunt club in a few ways... some gallos stray from the posted fields and then they are free game to the non-club hunters, the hawks, yotes get some meals out of some.

We have to remember that everyone is at a different level financially, having friends with private properties and also hunting/fishing knowledge. To some that didn't come at birth like some of us BUT they can use these other outlets and keep the hunter tradition growing, we need it.

Anything here in the IV is not a problem to hunt for me...
I still get a better rush on my Do-it Yourself hunts, for me the reward just tastes better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see BLM land turn into state park, sold to private corporations.
Examples most of the areas cuyamaca and Laguna is now state park.
Areas near velacito is now state park.
Half or one third of McCain valley was
Sold to a private electrical corporation.
The land behind me over 700 acres of BLM was sold to a Corporation.
And it's happening under our noses.
Anza Borrego state park has taken over
A lot BLM.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu