I love frog legs

I didn't even know there was a superbowl on but I would came by for some them legs

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hunter527
Yup I know that and glad I heard he won this morning

Reactions: ilovesprig
Yup I know that and glad I heard he won this morning

You know NoCal has great frog hunting...I played baseball for the Stockton Ports in 1970...I was in like frog haven...The delta was unbelievable...lol

Reactions: CAL'NDN
I know huh and we got tons of small pounds and I haven't done it 20+ years I need to go do it

I know huh and we got tons of small pounds and I haven't done it 20+ years I need to go do it

Same down here in SoCal when I was a kid....Ponds everywhere and everyone of them had frogs...Nowadays, not so much.

ps...DFW greenies hate them...Non-native species...Hence, no season, no limit now

Yea think some frogging in the future. Gots to catch me some trout in the morning if Dave didn't catch em all again this morning

I’ve never been frog’n, but my dad and his buddies used to hit the Santa Ana River around prado. Right about where Rhaahauge’s is now. I don’t know what it’s like now, but there used to be tons of them things in there.

I’ve never been frog’n, but my dad and his buddies used to hit the Santa Ana River around prado. Right about where Rhaahauge’s is now. I don’t know what it’s like now, but there used to be tons of them things in there.

Bob,

Cut my froggin' teeth on the side waters of the Santa Ana River and Chino Creek...Started in about the early 60's...Way before Rhaahauge's came to SoCal.

Bob,

Cut my froggin' teeth on the side waters of the Santa Ana River and Chino Creek...Started in about the early 60's...Way before Rhaahauge's came to SoCal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you came in contact with my old man and his buddies back in the day.

Steve, The biggest b frogs I’ve seen have been in Oklahoma. And they are near apex predators. Gutting them I’ve found fish, frogs, snakes, baby turtles, large crawfish. I usually shoot em between the eyes with a .22 or catch them on a topwater bass lure. Yummy.

Steve, The biggest b frogs I’ve seen have been in Oklahoma. And they are near apex predators. Gutting them I’ve found fish, frogs, snakes, baby turtles, large crawfish. I usually shoot em between the eyes with a .22 or catch them on a topwater bass lure. Yummy.

Kevin,

Yep...They'll eat anything they can get their mouth over...Add rats, mice, and small birds that I have found in their stomachs.

Hence, why the greenies hate them...They may eat some endangered bug or something...lol

Kevin,

Yep...They'll eat anything they can get their mouth over...Add rats, mice, and small birds that I have found in their stomachs.

Hence, why the greenies hate them...They may eat some endangered bug or something...lol
Yep they are a non native species and an apex force for sure and have actually caused decline in many other native species. I live at the headwaters of the San Diegiuto river that empties at dog beach in Del Mar with only one other land owner above me. I used to have many bullfrogs in my pond but they disappeared during the last drought when I re-excavated my pond from back fill sand. The U.S fish and wildlife service has approached us concerning a native turtle that is in decline because of the bulfrogs predation and we have given them permission to survey the population in the creek that flows through our properties and propose the elimination of their presence if they exist to bring back the native wildlife. Personally I don't mind I think my property is not the problem but if it is I'm going to let them take them out. They are like all other non native species, while they offer opportunities if they don't belong here then they don't belong. IMO if we are true conservationists we should support the balance of wildlife that existed before we introduced our influence on the land.

Yep they are a non native species and an apex force for sure and have actually caused decline in many other native species. I live at the headwaters of the San Diegiuto river that empties at dog beach in Del Mar with only one other land owner above me. I used to have many bullfrogs in my pond but they disappeared during the last drought when I re-excavated my pond from back fill sand. The U.S fish and wildlife service has approached us concerning a native turtle that is in decline because of the bulfrogs predation and we have given them permission to survey the population in the creek that flows through our properties and propose the elimination of their presence if they exist to bring back the native wildlife. Personally I don't mind I think my property is not the problem but if it is I'm going to let them take them out. They are like all other non native species, while they offer opportunities if they don't belong here then they don't belong. IMO if we are true conservationists we should support the balance of wildlife that existed before we introduced our influence on the land.

Easy now, don’t let Deb Haaland our new secretary of interior hear you say that.

Well then....Let's get rid of largemouth bass, crappie, channel cats, bluegill, pheasant, chukar, and wild turkeys to name just a few huntable & fishable species that were introduced to enhance the outdoorsman in California...The greenies actually are trying to eliminate these species in many areas.

ps...We no longer get trout plants in our local streams because a planted trout may eat a red-legged frog or a arroyo toad...Same with any more transplanted turkeys because they may eat some endangered bug or plant...:eek:

pss...I love EURASION COLLARED DOVES

Well then....Let's get rid of largemouth bass, crappie, channel cats, bluegill, pheasant, chukar, and wild turkeys to name just a few huntable & fishable species that were introduced to enhance the outdoorsman in California...The greenies actually are trying to eliminate these species in many areas.

ps...We no longer get trout plants in our local streams because a planted trout may eat a red-legged frog or a arroyo toad...Same with any more transplanted turkeys because they may eat some endangered bug or plant...:eek:

pss...I love EURASION COLLARED DOVES
I LOVE THE EURO SEASON

The trade offs have to be considered with non natives. What harm are they causing, and what benefit are they providing? It’s clear that Burmese pythons are ruining the Everglades and should be eradicated. But frogs, doves, turkeys... Not so clear. Hell humans were probably non native to North America a million years ago. And the red legged frog probably floated over here on a raft of sea weed 1,000 years ago. So what exactly is “native” besides dirt?

The trade offs have to be considered with non natives. What harm are they causing, and what benefit are they providing? It’s clear that Burmese pythons are ruining the Everglades and should be eradicated. But frogs, doves, turkeys... Not so clear. Hell humans were probably non native to North America a million years ago. And the red legged frog probably floated over here on a raft of sea weed 1,000 years ago. So what exactly is “native” besides dirt?

Yep...Cormorants are non-native and I don't see them doing much about them...I think it's as much about anti hunting and fishing as much as anything.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu