I must be nobody

msailor

Jan 30, 2014
San Diego
Took the day off from work and hit Lake Dixon. Fishing for catfish. First one was at 830 am then it slowed down. Moved to the buoy line and did not get a bite. Headed for catfish cove and while I was letting the line run out it started to scream off the reel. It was a 6 and 1/2 pounder that I had to pull in with light tackle. Caught two more, then the wind picked up and I was done. The biggest cat from that lake for me so far. The rangers said nobody was catching fish. My reply was Heck I must be nobody.

Attachments

• 20160519_142459.jpg
    20160519_142459.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20160519_140502.jpg
    20160519_140502.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 20160519_134946.jpg
    20160519_134946.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 42
Great catch on a windy day.

...You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s catfish-kabobs, catfish creole, catfish gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple catfish, lemon catfish, coconut catfish, pepper catfish, catfish soup, catfish stew, catfish salad, catfish and potatoes, catfish burger, catfish sandwich. That, that’s about it.” -Bubba

DanSanDiego said:
Great catch on a windy day.

...You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s catfish-kabobs, catfish creole, catfish gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple catfish, lemon catfish, coconut catfish, pepper catfish, catfish soup, catfish stew, catfish salad, catfish and potatoes, catfish burger, catfish sandwich. That, that’s about it.” -Bubba
[/quote
Thanks bubba!! :D

SurfNHuntSD said:
Well done. U get em on chicken livers? Doughbait? Hot dogs? And where's the 'after' pics of them fried up

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Night crawler with a chunk of shrimp on a drop shot gonna pan fry the big boy tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Haven't seen anyone catch catfish. I've been catching 3-5 bass everytime, mostly sight fishing spending almost an hour on every fish to get them to bite, gonna head to
Wohlford next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylemg0009 said:
Haven't seen anyone catch catfish. I've been catching 3-5 bass everytime, mostly sight fishing spending almost an hour on every fish to get them to bite, gonna head to
Wohlford next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck and try the shrimp night crawler combo on a drop shot.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu