I'm not hunting this year in D13.....

coyotekid87

Aug 16, 2014
D11
I'm not hunting this year because I am moving from Santa Clarita to Frazier Park and i have a lot of crap to do. However, I know D13 well and I am willing to help out someone in need. If you're struggling with the landscape, need help with a pack out, or even if you have a flat tire just hit me up and I'll help out however I can if I'm available. Stay safe and happy hunting!

Dang It coyotekid, all these years I had a fellow Santa Claritian hunter in my neighborhood and now you're moving? Ah shucks! I have a small 10' trailer if you need to borrow it! There's still time to hit D13!

Hey I really appreciate that! I blame myself for never really using this website to its full potential. I'd be down to get some hunting in if I can finish my move quickly, I'll let you know!!

Moving sucks! Takes up so much time and energy, hope it goes smooth for ya. It's mine and a buddies first full season in D13 and we are having fun, it's cool country but finding a deer once the rifles came out seems to be near impossible. We almost had it done during archery, which getting in on deer at 20 yards your first time archery hunting was insane to us and such a rush. We have a few spots we've been bouncing back and forth but mostly just day hunts a few miles in. Do we just need to go further, less bouncing around. Our brains are rattled lol

Last edited:
Reactions: SpringTom
Moving sucks! Takes up so much time and energy, hope it goes smooth for ya. It's mine and a buddies first full season in D13 and we are having fun, it's cool country but finding a deer once the rifles came out seems to be near impossible. We almost had it done during archery, which getting in on deer at 20 yards your first time archery hunting was insane to us and such a rush. We have a few spots we've been bouncing back and forth but mostly just day hunts a few miles in. Do we just need to go further, less bouncing around. Our brains are rattled lol
Yea moving blows. I'm glad your having fun in D13, I know a lot of people hate it up there but I love it. I've gone up there for a lot of years now and I think it's a great OTC zone. It does get crazy during rifle season and lots of people flood that area. The great thing about PMC, there aren't too many regulars year after year. Lots of people give up too easily in that zone so I almost never see the same people.

Reactions: blazintowers
I gotta say I love the Frazier Park area and it’s vicinity too. Some of my buddies won’t hunt it either because of so many locos out there, but if you get away from the more popular areas and get back further than the rest you can have opportunities. It’s a large zone too from chaparral to oak and pine forests. 2 more weeks to get it done!

Reactions: coyotekid87
I'm not hunting this year because I am moving from Santa Clarita to Frazier Park and i have a lot of crap to do. However, I know D13 well and I am willing to help out someone in need. If you're struggling with the landscape, need help with a pack out, or even if you have a flat tire just hit me up and I'll help out however I can if I'm available. Stay safe and happy hunting!
Ive been hunting most weekends since the archery bear and deer seasons and believe it or not, I've not seen one deer or bear. Worse season ever and this is my tenth year. I did score a nice 3x two years ago, so I've had some success in the past.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu